Prayers for Matt

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I was surprised they didn't use the super glue, until you said it was a clinic and not the ER. Or even the liquid skin stuff.

Glad it stopped bleeding. I hope it heals without incident, but it's going to be pretty sore for a while.

((hugs))

DammitJanet

Clinic makes me not so surprised. They dont call them docs in the box for nothing. I hate those places. But honestly, sometimes they cant stitch either. A few years ago Cory was doing an incredibly stupid thing in the kitchen with a very sharp knife. He was attempting to break apart frozen meat at the kitchen sink with that knife. It slipped and went straight through the palm of his hand. Straight through. He had pulled it out and blood was everywhere and he was screaming when he came running into my room with blood spurting out of his hand. He turned on the water in my bathroom sink and ran the water over it while I grabbed old towels to wrap around it and called 911 because I didnt have a car at the time.

What made it really bad was that the ambulance claimed they couldnt find my house and it took them over an hour and a half to get here and it was pouring down rain. He was sitting out in the rain for the last 45 minutes of that out at the end of our driveway by the main road to guide them back to our house. Idiots. Some of my friends thought I was a heartless mother because I didnt go with him to the hospital to handle this accident but he was over 20 so he already had Keyana and I felt he needed to learn to deal with accidents on his own plus without a car I didnt know how we would get two of us home. I figured he could call one of his friends to come get him and I was right.

They didnt stitch him, they numbed him up really well, washed it out with syringes, then just taped it up after making sure he didnt cut any tendons or nick any bones. He was also wrapped up well. Given strong antibiotics and lectures about using knives appropriately. LOL.

Steely

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone. It was a really close call yesterday - he was very close to an artery. Matt has never been accident prone, so this was a kind of a first - and pretty upsetting to him (and me).

Thankfully, the second time to the dr they packed his hand with a suction cup sort of thing with coagulating materials in it, and the bleeding has stopped. Yay.

As a positive note to all of this, he has seemed to re-bond him to my mom. He has been having a hard time with her, coming in and wanting to clean his house, etc. Yesterday, I mentioned to my mom to be sure and *ask* if she wanted to clean - and I mentioned to Matt that it might be nice for his grandma to *clean* up all the broken glass. So of course she cleaned up the glass, and he let her - but more importantly was that they hung out the whole day and connected. She is going back tomorrow to re-dress the wound...and he is welcoming it.

So maybe there was a method to my madness of having Matt and I live 2 hours apart? I hope!!! In addition to having my mom there, he also has a 2nd cousin, a great aunt and uncle, and my mom's childhood friend if he ever needed something asap. Weird to not have the whole world revolve around me now! It is good. :)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Having Matt close but not too close as I remember was to encourage some independence.

Seems to be working a bit. Glad he and your mom reconnected and he's letting her help him clean up the mess.

Hugs

buddy

Funny how crisis esp. illness can be at once very very stressful and also a good thing.... I remember once when Q had a really high fever for two days after vaccinations (like around 10) he was wiped out for two days, barely needed medications. HE allowed me to cuddle, cover, comfort, care for him...to move us forward.

Glad he can get a glimpse that he has support out there and I hope it will lessen some of the panic for him.

How is his arm/hand today?

M

ML

Coming in late.. so glad he is ok. Whew is right! I don't know why but they just don't give stiches like they used to.