Prayers for my niece please

KTMom91

My 15 year old niece, Emily, is in the hospital with a severe concussion and damage to the ligaments in her neck. She got hurt while cheerleading Friday night and has been at the hospital ever since.

Hoping she'll be able to come home either tonight or tomorrow, but I don't have all the particulars.

Thanks in advance.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Praying for Emily. Daughter wanted to try cheer leading but we attended one practice session and were shocked at the lack of supervision. God bless!

InsaneCdn

Please - make sure she stays OUT of sports for the rest of the school year for a minimum.
Often, the body can handle a serious concussion and come out of it.
But... if you only partially heal, and then get another head-bump - even fairly minor - the results can be disasterous.

Its an issue in all sorts of activities that you don't really expect - from cheerleading to waterskiing to construction to ... Not just football, hockey and boxing.

susiestar

Roll With It
Keeping her in my prayers. Cheerleading is far more dangerous than people think. mostly because the girls make it look so effortless.

buddy

Oh poor girl. I hope they can get her into a concussion program. Really good to make sure that she gets the right treatment after a concussion, only some places are not still saying that people will just get over it...