Prayers/ Good thoughts for Shelter spot needed plz

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
The relief on Kayla and Alex's faces that they wouldn't be returning to the dayton shelter was enough for me. The pure joy in Alex's eyes that he will get to return to his exceptional Special Education teacher was the topper of all toppers.

I'm telling myself that repeatedly as I recall M trying to invite himself to my morning coffee. Uh, no. Shot him down fast, but I have a feeling it will take a few times of the door either not being answered or slammed in his face to get the idea through his head. Also anticipating having to shoot them down for unnecessary transportation, as I know the requests will be made. husband and I don't have the gas money for such requests.

Good for the parents as it increases the chances of them getting into the HUD apartments here by a ton, will get M into the turning point program to learn to read and get his GED, and they honestly will help them find work. No they won't do it for them, but they will help them.

Shelter environment is more "homey" than institutional type atmosphere which will be good for the kids. They don't house enormous amounts of people, which will also be a good thing. And there are very few family rooms, which means there won't be many other children to argue or have issues with. Shelter works closely with the schools...............this may or may not be a good thing for katie and M depending on their own actions.

I most certainly didn't expect an opening when katie called, if for no other reason than the weather which has been awfully cold and snowy. I'm thinking they got in for a reason.