Prayers needed

everywoman

Jana's ex sent her a text few minutes ago. He has been Texas working and this afternoon was in another (3X in two years) motorcycle accident. He said his ankle is crushed and hanging by the skin. I called his mom, and she is worried sick. She is waiting for a call to find out how bad things are, and then will let us know.

Jana and ex are still very close, although she has told him that he has a lot of changing to do before she would ever consider dating him again. But, he loves her and she loves him, and they are each others support in times of need. Send prayers that he will be ok, they can fix his foot, and he will be able to stay there and work until he does a lot of growing up!

Last edited:

trinityroyal

Sending immediate prayers for swift healing, and growing up.
Also sending hugs for your daughter.

Sneaking in a prayer that your daughter's surgery on Thursday goes well too.

everywoman

Thanks Trinity. Haven't heard anymore from ex or mom yet.

husband let it slip last night that Jana will be in the hospital a few days. I hadn't told her that yet, figured I'd wait until after surgery to tell her---that way she wouldn't be too anxious because she hates the hospital with a passion----I'm little concerned about this surgery since it's only been a month since the last one and the knee is still pretty swollen.

everywoman

Thanks Trinity. Haven't heard anymore from ex or mom yet.

husband let it slip last night that Jana will be in the hospital a few days. I hadn't told her that yet, figured I'd wait until after surgery to tell her---that way she wouldn't be too anxious because she hates the hospital with a passion----I'm little concerned about this surgery since it's only been a month since the last one and the knee is still pretty swollen.

everywoman

Thanks Beth and WFEN. I haven't talked to his mom last night. The woman he is "seeing" in Texas called Jana late last night to get his mom's number. Jana's # was the last dialed on the phone and she didn't know how to work the phone. His mom was trying to decide if she needed to fly out. He is a true difficult child--has caused his family a lot of pain over the years. But I like the guy and would hate to see him maimed for life.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good thoughts to your warrior easy child. Hope her knee gets taken care of and she finds her footing once again.
Don't know what to say about her ex. He certainly ought to think about a different mode of transportation since bikes don't seem to be his best source of transportation.

everywoman

Thanks Fran and TM. Jana has a long road ahead of her. We will be in the hospital a fews days next week. She can not start PT until Jan. because the surgery in Oct. requires she be nonwieght bearing for at least 8 weeks. Once she is able to put weight on the leg she will have at least 8 weeks of agressive PT.

She is virtually isolated here in our small town. She is not able to work, has no income, and has become totally dependent on husband and I for everything---She is trying to be a trooper, but is getting a little depressed about it all. This is the first time she has lived at home in about two years. She has supported herself and been active.

She has a few friends, but a lot of young people her age like to drink and party, and while she is not a goodtwoshoes, she is not a big partier either. Because of that, she was ostracized during her midteen years and had a horrible time with bullies---even though she is now 19, many of those girls are still playing the same stupid stunts they played 4 years ago.

I don't know what to do to help her. I've made suggestions, but she is following through right now. I'm hoping her got up and go hasn't got up and went. Pray that she makes it through all of this with her spirit intact.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I'm sorry, but motorcycles stink. I've had two friends killed in accidents. You have NO protection. At least in a car you have some steele around you.

Hope everything works out for your daughter and ex and family. Tough times.

Abbey

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I hope things go well and heal quickly for everyone. I am sorry and thinking of her ex.
What a horrible accident.

everywoman

Jana will have surgery in the morning at 8:30. We will be in the hospital until Friday.

Ex has surgery today at 2:30. His mom and dad are looking for a flight to Texas. His mom works for a podiatrist and he has told her that they are looking at about a year of recovery. Ex has an addiction to pain pills that he has fought to get through, and she is upset because she knows what this will do to him. His new girl has offered to "take" care of him. She is 36---ex is 22. (Maybe she is related to Tammy's difficult child's older woman).
He has to have the bottom 2 inches of his tibia rebuilt and his fibia pinned together.

Keep praying.

maril

Prayers being sent for your easy child as well as her ex. I hope she does very well in surgery and I wish strength for her and you throughout this long journey to getting back on her feet again. It sounds like she has a strong constitution and is blessed with a caring family. Best wishes.

Star*

call 911........call 911
(BOAT HORN SOUNDS)

Sailing in with BOATLOADS of STRENGTH, DETERMINATION AND CURE FROM BOREDOM FOR my little girl........You can always come here and hang out with Auntie Star - and be REALLY bored.....but if you get here on a Saturday we can BOTH get racing buggies at the Publix and have drag races down the cookie aisle until we run out of juice or get thrown out.

:laugh:

I think this family has had ENOUGH tragedy and accidents for the year.