Prayers Needed!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Dreamer's 7-8 mo old grandson Sammy was admitted to hospital this evening. Has symptoms of h1n1, pediatrician doctor thinks that's what it is but no blood work to confirm, since hospital can't get a blood drawl on the poor lil guy. Spiking a high temp. His electrolytes and blood salts are bottomed out.....so they're trying to replace them via IV's.:(

hospital even managed to perferate his nasal passage.....poor lil guy!

This lil guy can use the power of his board great aunties!! I know dreamer and the kids are really worried about him.

Saying many prayers for dreamer and family tonight.

Last edited:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Prayers going up!

Hopefully once they get him hydrated they'll be able to get a better vein to run the tests he needs. Poor little guy :(

busywend

Sending prayers up for little Sammy. I hope he recovers soon!

Dreamer - we are getting the board magic going for you!

Abbey

Spork Queen
How scary. I hope he's alright.

I know my team member's 3 kids all have Swine...still not over it. It's been a week and a half. Selfishly all I could think about was working within 10 feet of her for the last week and a half.

Keep us updated it you can. Board hugs!

Abbey

mstang67chic

Going Green
Prayers and good thoughts going out! It's hard enough being sick when you're old enough to understand, being that young...poor thing is probably terrified.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
LOTS of prayers from my little corner. Poor kid's probably terrified especially with the whole needle/IV thing.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
11 failed attempts at an IV. So no IV's to replace the electrolytes and sodium. Dozens of attempts at blood drawls.....no blood drawls were successful. Hospital discharged lil Sammy because he was so traumatized.....(gee ya think?)

You have to be mighty dehydrated to have no successful attempts for either IV or blood drawls....most especially that many. Sending a baby home with that low of electrolytes and sodium is unthinkable! It's dangerous as hades!:mad::surprise:

dreamer can't figure out how he got so dehydrated. He had no nausea/vomiting/diarrhea. Had eaten/drank well at lunch. They had him on pedilyte..... Maybe it was the high temp. But docs have no clue because they seem to have given up and discharged him! OMG

dreamer is livid. I'm livid right along with her. What are they thinking??

Thanks for the prayers. Sammy needs all he can get. Poor lil guy. :(

dreamer

thank you daisylover & everyone. a little over 3 weeks ago dtr called dr cuz sammyd been exposed to pinkeye & his eyes gummed up & were flaming red. pediatrician saw himsaid not pinkeye BUT gave antibiotic eyedrops. sam had a cold or something then-but pediatrician brushed it off. (hinted dtr over reacted). just over a week ago dtr called cuz 101 temp & --sneezes cough refusal to eat irritable wouldn't sleep. pediatrician saw him said ear infection & gave antibiotic. also said probable swine flu. here they're only testing people admitted into hospitals with complications & not useing antivirals. ok soSam got better. then sunday he slept the entire day. even out with their friends on a field trip. he slept all nite sat & sun...& monday he slept late. woke & ate great but then began to shiver z& tremble. fell asleep sitting. wouldn't wake. then fever hit hard & fast. called dr who said go to ER -NOT clinic not urgent care not dr office. fever continued to climb. so dtr gave baby the only bottles of juice (he uses a cup) he's ever had. hospital went to do swab for test & perforatednasal cavity. tried to draw blood for several hours. Tried to start an IV. no success. after 8 hours they admitted him-no diagnosis....but low sodium. BUT he wasn't vomiting no diarreah & he was sucking down juice. 2 hours & more than 11 unsucessful tries to get IV & hospital discharged them around 2 this am saying he was too traumatized. no flu test result. no treatment. no diagnosis. they're at pediatrician now.

dreamer

I'm so worried re hiskidneys & heart. the low sodium can cause kidney z& or heart failure....(also can cause sludge in bile ducts & mess with gall bladder & liver like it did to easy child dureing the preg & her hyperemesis) so confused how why his sodium is so low. he ate a whole banana a whole container of applesauce a jar of stage 3 baby sweet potatos a jar of baby oatmeal pears & apples stage 3 & 4 oz of baby juice at noon for lunch.....his normal -how he eats at every meal-plus some cheerios dry maybe 1/2 cup. did the low sodium make him ill or did being ill cause low sodium?

tiredmommy

Dreamer- I would take Sammy to the closest children's hospital asap even if it were hours or a few hundred miles away. Please keep us updated.

dreamer

they're at peds now. nearest childrens hospital is...?4ish hours away. I am strongly considering it. thank you for validating my thoughts. he is drinking pedialyte. so that's good.