Prayers Needed!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I ditto TM. dreamer have dtr rush him to Children's ER. (please don't tell me that's where he was) Sammy needs to be seen/treated by staff expert with children!!

My easy child (RN) is saying the same. She's mega worried to, and praying for Sammy as well. Please keep us updated.

I hope pediatrician doctor has since to get her to children's. This is unreal!! :(

tiredmommy

Dreamer... Duckie was recently quite ill at home, her asthma doctor called me to stress the importance of seeking emergency treatment if needed. He said the problem with kids & H1N1 is that a child could be mildly or moderately ill for some time, even seem to be improving, but take a sudden turn for the worse. He knows of kids that we're holding there own in the morning only to be in the ICU by evening. Be over protective, don't let Sammy fall through the cracks.

dreamer

they're still in waiting room at pediatrician. baby awake but very lethargic. I told pclets goch hospital is a few hours away....she said public aide requires going thru primary dr of record & all her prenatal & delivery bills got turned over to collections thismonth cuz I'll budget-state not paying medicaide bills. my family is thinking I'm sure that I'm overeacting on facebook....& baby daddys family always thinks we overreact. so baby daddys confused. :-(

dreamer

all they're saying is 'something viral' & Sammys NOT dehydrated so push fluids & if he doesn't break the fever or urinate by.... THURSDAY call dr again. HUH? He could be long dead by then! & now since Tues is baby daddys day off......theyre going to his moms. :-( where they think I overeact. -So....pardon me while I go sob my head off & tantrum & yell at inanimate objects in my fear & disgust. Cuz nope- they're NOT taking him to the ch hospital....& oh dang-they still have MY car! & baby daddys car is .....UG! blocking my driveway. UG! Stop the world-I want off.....& difficult child is spinning in HER own world....cuz... she turns 21 next Tues. sigh. sniffle sob. Baby Sammy is bruises both arms & both feet from all the needle sticks. :-(

dreamer

um well yay. gee duh. a helpful loving family member just read this whole saga on FB & said......watch him for.......flu. gee ya think?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
OMG dreamer you are soooooooo dealing with a mob of idiots. Anyway you can get dtr on the phone and convince her.......um maybe remind her you are a NURSE and know what the hades you're talking about?? *snarl*

Nichole's boyfriend would've let Aubrey die the time she was poisoned by chemicals on the flower garden. His mom said she was fine, just a bug. (she's an idiot too by the way) Baby turned blue, went mega lathargic. Nichole called me, had to force boyfriend to ignore his mom. Picked me up. And I ordered boyfriend to the ER.....told him to get out of his car if he wouldn't drive, cuz I would! He wasted so much time that by the time we made it to the center of town Aubrey was in big time respiratory distress. Had to stop at the firehouse and get the life squad.
Only when he watched them careflight her to childrens in cincy did he figure it might actually be serious. duh! Ya think??

Dealing with idiots makes me crazy! These are 2 young unexperience parents, last thing they need is uneducated advice from idiots.

Sorry dreamer. Ranting right along with you. I'm scared to death for Sammy right now.

((((hugs))))

Star*

call 911........call 911
I am sorry for you and for Sammy - will continue my prayers for him.

Also - I would rather someone think me an over-reacting nincompoop than to sit sobbing at a childs funeral having everyone wondering if I was thinking- I told you so. Maybe you tell them that Dreamer!

Sorry you have to deal with idiots on top of pain.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Dreamer, why in heck didn't they just haul this kid into OR and do a 'cut-down' for a deep leg vein?

It's done all the time on infants and very ill elderly. It's a simple procedure. Just a tiny cut in the flesh to expose the leg vein and then insert an IV type catheter right in it.

Either doing a cut down, or installing a PICC line should have been done long before all the needle sticks and stuff.

klmno

I'm so sorry- I hope you can stay in close touch so maybe you can get them to take him to the ER or somewhere again. I really don't understand them not being able to get an IV in him. My son was small as an infant and once was very sick and had to be hospitalized at 3 mos old. They couldn't get an IV in his arm so they put it in his head. They didn't try umpteen times before taking that step. It looked horrible, but it worked.

Anyway, it's a good sign that he's drinking pedialyte and holding that down. But waiting until THURSDAY....these people sound like quacks.

Many prayers and well wishes sent to Sam and you and the rest of the family. Please keep us updated!

dreamer

Thank you everyone. The Power of the Board is awesome!Baby Sammy broke out in a fine red rash late this am....thinking Roseola. He's drinking great peeing gallons & nibbling food...best of all....playing. YAY. Yes I'm aware of everything they could-should do to start IV. our local hospital is the pits & would rather discharge you...if you say anything they call security & remove you. we have a LONG personal experience list-yes includeing friends & deaths. Next nearest hospital is not closeby. Just wanted to come thank you all & share the good news update. :)

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Dreamer...from posts of yours over the years and my having family in Northern IL, I have a pretty good idea of where you probably live (I'm no stalker, but I guess this is a good example of how easy it is to figure out peoples' locations from the internet)

If my guess is correct, Condell should be within an hour or slightly more from you, down in Libertyville.

If it's not a desperate emergency, could you go to Condell instead? They are an excellent hospital, have a great ER, and do not play games with insurance or Medicaid.

dreamer

supposedly did strep.....& flu swab. I wonder how accurate swab test was due to perforating nasal cavity. the rash today makes me think Roseola.....& the rash is already fadeing & he's perking up more every minute. Yes Condell is approx exactly there-my cousin & my kids Godmom work there. Current road construction on ALL routes to there make it currently over 2 hours. easy child is considering the approx 2 hr trip to Luthern General from now on. they airlift from here to there in urgent cases & I've been pleased there in past. I think she's also going to change peds. Where she goes now has treated her dureing preg & with- baby alternately & in same visit as over reacting underreacting & stupid-& have made several medication errors they later tried to blame on her- but quick trips to pharmacy confirmed the errors were on Dr & not us. I mean come on how would we get 1 rx medication instead of another & have it be OUR fault? Just hard cuz in urgent crisis ya don't want dr & hospital 2 hours away......& IL recent budget crisis & lack of provider payments is makeing so many doctors reject Medicaide & Medicare patients when you try to change doctors.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Well, Lutheran General is an EXCELLENT hospital. They provide great patient care with cutting-edge technology.

You have my sympathies on the roadwork. My mother lives off of HWY 60 and getting around has been a nightmare for her for the past couple of years

It seems like by the time they get finished with the latest stretch of road, the first stretch has worn out and they just start out all over.