Prayers Please for My Sister

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
My oldest sister just had a major heart attack (not her first heart attack either). This is the one that lives in Indy.

My neice says they have as yet to find out extent of damage as her veins keep collapsing when they attempt to inject the dye for the test. But open heart surgery is already planned. That is all we have at the moment as this just occurred about an hour ago. They're trying to put in a central line now.

easy child told niece to feel free to ask her questions as this is her specialty so that she can be sure she is understanding what docs are telling her.

Sis also has similar kidney issues as I have and shares some dxes with me.

Sis is only 57 yrs old. She may be a little nutty but we've always been close. That type of close when you don't see someone for years and just pick up where you left off type of close.

I'm sitting here thinking I don't think I can handle another loss. I've already had too many in too short a time frame. :(

I have no choice but to go to bed. But I'm waiting on enough information to decide if I need to go to Indy or not. To decide I need to know the severity of damage and prognosis. If it isn't too bad I can wait until friday. If it is as bad as this really awful feeling I have in my gut......I may be calling off work tomorrow.

Prayers and good thoughts would be appreciated.

Tiapet

Old Hand
You've got them and more Hound. What a difficult place to be in and you're right, you've had more then your share of loss. I'll think positive thoughts for you. (hugs)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
picture line was finally placed this morning. Sis is in surgery to have a blockage removed from her carotid artery in her neck which is 80 percent blocked. This had to be done before they can even consider anything else. Still no idea of amount of damage or prognosis or even what they are planning to do during the open heart which is scheduled for tomorrow. However somehow they know she will require 24 hr care once she is discharged for at least a week.

Never been so darned frustrated.

Niece is a cna but evidently has no clue what questions to ask. Mom is there now but is emotional enough that I'm having to hold her hand so to speak to tell her in detail what info I need before I can make a decision about when to go over there. Evidently niece doesn't know what questions to ask and is relying on staff just to tell her.......which is not working well. So I made mom get a notebook and pen and told her to keep it with her at all times. Told her to write down the questions I need answered.....leaving spaces so she can write down the answers because she could easily forget under the circumstances.

Sis was just discharged from hospital over kidney issues 3 days ago. Stones were part of it but they don't admit for stones much these days so....no idea what else was going on there.

Other than that? No new news. Doubtful I'll be update prior to work........which means I won't be updated again until tomorrow when I get up.

Thank you for the prayers.

cubsgirl

Your sister and your whole family are in my prayers. I hope you can get the info you need to make a decision on if/when to go.