Prayers, please

tiredmommy

My 60+ year old neighbor was just transported by ambulance after having what appears to be a massive heart attack. The paramedics found a thready pulse, but he has so many health problems (diabetes, obesity, etc) that this is a very grave situation.

His wife is beside herself.

Please pray that he lives and recovers. This is a wonderful man who still has a lot of living to do. :9-07tears:

4sumrzn

Oh no...I wanted to add my thoughts & prayers. So sorry. I'll still add my thoughts & prayers that the family finds peace.

busywend

I am so sorry, TM. I hope you can find the strength to help his wife through this. Don't forget to grieve, too.

HUGS!!!

tiredmommy

Thank you for the prayers & good thoughts. The wake is on Monday & the funeral on Tuesday at my church. I called my priest Friday afternoon to have him added to our prayer list, she went to the hospital and has been a great comfort to the family. Mrs J originally wanted to have a quiet funeral at the funeral home because they hadn't attended church regularly in years, but the director suggested she use a church anyway because Mr J was so well loved that he wouldn't be able to fit everyone in his building.

Mrs J is exhausted, in shock, barely eating. We had strong storms move through overnight and she couldn't sleep. She's had visitors throughout the day and at least one of their children has been with her at all times. Everyone is bringing tons of food (I made a Greek salad and bought a sandwich tray).

Mr J was a great guy. He did everything for everyone. He's the neighbor that snow-blowed my driveway last winter, even though husband and I are perfectly capable of clearing it ourself. He was always kind to Duckie and interested in what she had to say. He would never accept a favor from someone else, it was his job to do the favors. And he never asked, he just quietly did.

Your continued thoughts and prayers are appreciated. This is a loss to a wonderful family as well as our entire community.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Oh, TM...I'm so sorry. This has got to be a very hard time for his wife, but probably the hardest times are going to be longer from now. Everyone has gone on with their lives, etc. I'm sure you'll be a good friend to her.

Abbey

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so sorry. I will keep the family in my prayers. As a neighbor, please keep an eye on his wife. Many times it is more comforting to have someone who regularly pops in with a ready to heat meal for one (SO depressing to cook for one from what I hear), an ear, and a hand doing whatever the wife just isn't up to.

Please remember that often it is efforts a month or many down the road that are more comforting than all the flowers, etc.. that happen now.

Hugs,

Susie

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
oh gosh, so sorry, Prayers of healing and rest to his wife and family, and prayers of guidance for you and you try to comfort her