Prayers please

Wiped Out

Staff member
My mom is having surgery tomorrow on her bladder. She has had a bladder infection for a couple of months. They tried two rounds of regular antibiotics which didn't work, then for 10 days she went to the hospital daily and gave her injections of antibiotics. It still didn't take care of it so they did c-scan and found a small hole or lesion on her bladder.

It probably isn't overly serious but they won't know what's causing it until they get into the operating room. Mom, of course, it convinced it is cancer or something else really serious.

I feel bad I can't be there; I have so many conferences scheduled this week there is no way to reschedule. I would, if it was supposed to be very serious (my sister called the nurse and it isn't expected to be), still I'm feeling very guilty about not being there. I will, however, go home on Friday night to be with her when she gets home. I will only be able to stay overnight and part of the next day but hopefully I can help to get her comfortable.

Her recovery period will be 4-6 weeks.

Sooooo, if you can spare prayers or send some good vibes her way it would be much appreciated!

Last edited:

klmno

Prayers going up and geeod thoughts being sent. I don't know how you bear so much on your shoulders, Sharon.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Sending hugs. Don't feel guilt. As someone who has been in this boat for a while, I know that in order for caring for a parent to work there has to be balance. Your kids need you, your husband needs you,your students need you and mom needs you. All important so it's just a matter of immediate need for you to put your attention. Mom is safe for now and it's more important that she has someone who will help her at home until she is strong enough to manage on her own. This allows you to be a responsible teacher/employee, take care of things with the kids, husband and your home. Seems reasonable to me.
When all is said and done, then you make a point to find an hour or two to take care of yourself. Trying to do everything usually means nothing is completed or done right.
I figure everyone in my circle get short sheeted at one time or another for me to give everyone else what they need. Don't feel guilt. Do the best you can to put balance in your life.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks you for the prayers everyone and Fran, thanks for the talk about not feeling guilty as I was trying not to but that old guilt was starting to build.

I spoke with Mom briefly and she seems to be doing well. We still don't have a report from the surgeon on if they found a cause. Hopefully we will know more by tomorrow. She is in pain but at this point refusing to give herself some of the pain medications. I spoke with the nurse and she said when she is off bed rest before she stands she will make sure Mom gives herself some of the medications.

Thanks again everyone-your good thoughts and prayers mean a ton!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Sending prayers W.O. - My niece just went through bladder surgery and it's incredible what they can do nowadays. Sending you hugs and big time strength.

Star