Prayers Please

TerryJ2

Really? That is so neat!

Hey, discrimination is good, if it's used discriminatingly. (Sorry, couldn't help myself.)
Having used several svcs for my cousin where I can guarantee you, only the special few under the age of 30 pass muster, I completely understand and agree with the idea to seek out employees over 50 for this type of job.

Go for it! Good luck!

DammitJanet

Im so hoping you get this job or one just like this. I think it would be perfect for you. I have seen several jobs popping up lately where they are putting in the ad for the job...over 50 would be a plus. Most do seem to be in the medical field.

I hope you hear today with the news that you got the job!

Calamity Jane

It seems like there is a shortage of caring, honest people who are willing to do the difficult and often underappreciated job of helping the elderly. I can see why most young people would not be interested in that career choice, as it can be isolating.
You would be a wonderful candidate, and I think you're going to get some very good news about this job!

trinityroyal

Saying prayers, and sending juju.
Lisa, you're right. This does sound like a perfect opportunity for you. I can understand why they're looking for older people as well. mother in law had home visitors of the type you describe, and the only ones who were any good were the older ones. I think life experience and steadiness of character make a huge difference in that sort of work, and that comes with age.

Keep us posted!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Best of job luck to you .......A A R P.......Always A Rare Pussycat? (Yeah I got nuthin) Always A rare People=person? (better but.....sheesh)