Precedent was set, Judge finally ruled

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
difficult child 2 called husband today. The judge made the decision about what will happen. The civil commitment is in place. The judge made the decision on March 14 and difficult child 2 received it today. They will transport him to the civil commitment facility soon. It is a bittersweet moment. The world is definately safer with this happening. He will be six hours away from us now. I don't know what any of rules will be yet but it will be strange knowing this should be where he stays for a great deal of time.

I would like to read the ruling paperwork. I hope he will let us have a copy. I would like to see what the judge said.

Now I think I might write a book of all the bs we have been put through with the system. If nothing else for myself to purge it all out.

Just beathe easier knowing the streets will continue to be safe. And say prayers, rattle beads and any other good juju that he settles in to the facility and isn't hurt.

DDD

Fingers crossed that this placement serves multiple good purposes. Hugs to you and yours. DDD

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
:hugs:

You should be able to get a copy of the paperwork regardless. You might have to pay for the pages, but... That's minor.

You sound positive - this is good.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Beth,

I read your post a 1/2 dozen times. Then I just sat here trying to figure out what I really wanted to say. I can tell you for certain my heart aches for you, and for the sleepless nights, the long days, the moments you cried in the middle of the day wishing for just a normal life, a 1/2 normal day, feeling guilty for the blessings you do have in your life, and sorry for feeling like you don't appreciate them - but do. The child your child has become no matter how old he is or what he's done he's still YOUR chlid and hoping there is just one other person out there somewhere that understands that without judgement. Wondering if - and getting angry to the point of almost hating yourself for it, and getting angry at anyone that has an opinion about what should happen to your child that doesn't really know the real him, the good in him - the parts of him that you know exist in him - that you wish were there all the time, not just part of the time. Being angry at him for the stupid mistakes and thinking - But you know - it's been so long - and then thinking - WHAT am I thinking? Hoping he gets help, and wondering if the system that's already failed him thus far HAS any help but remaining hopeful - always - always hopeful because it's all you have left ------they've taken everything else. Haven't they?

So I'm here to tell you dear heart - NO. They haven't taken everything else. It may feel that way at times, but there is always hope. And while there is breath in you? I know my nephew will always have someone looking out for him, praying for him, keeping a thought in her mind and love in her heart for him - no matter what he's done, or who he's become. Because hope is sometimes all we have, but it's a great start to a great many things, a so many damaged lives.

It is my hope? That you continue to be strong, continue to love your son with all your heart, come back here - we miss you.....and know there are a lot of people thinking about your son, and his welfare. I'll keep him in my prayers, and now that's two Moms.

Sending my hugs and love Cat -
Star

recoveringenabler

Staff member
It sounds like it's been a long, hard road, one which has taken it's toll. I am sorry for your pain. I hope and pray that your difficult child adapts well and stays safe. God Bless you.

buddy

Sending you support and well wishes.....hope his transition goes smoothly and he receives the help he needs.