President Obama might

Wiped Out

Staff member
be coming to difficult child's school on Wednesday. Apparently the governor let slip that is the school he is planning on visiting. I couldn't believe it when I read it. He is at a small middle school with around only 240 kids. Of course, as of right now, difficult child could care less. I think it is so cool that some day he will be able to say the president was at his school!

klmno

I think it's great!! No matter the politcal position of the family, this can only serve to inspire kids, in my humble opinion.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I think it's cool too, of course, difficult child just doesn't get the significance of a President coming to his school.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I might be able to make the trip down there & help difficult child understand the significance. Or I could just crash the visit.;)

Very cool Sharon. What an honor.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Very exciting.
President Kennedy came to our small steel town in the 60's. I was a little kid. I remember all the excitement. There is a statue of him there and it is still a bright spot in the history of our little town.
It may not be relevant today for difficult child but it will be in his memory for when he can comprehend history later in his life.

Wiped Out

Staff member
He is definitely coming. We received a huge note today about all of the extra security. husband is a bit worried because kids cannot be late that day or will not be allowed into school. difficult child often makes husband get him there late because he is so oppositional in the morning.

They cannot leave once they are there for the day, have to go through security and eat lunch in their classrooms (cafeteria doubles as the place which is the gym which is also the place for assemblies. Sure wish I could be there!