Pretty sad the things we get grateful for...

lovemysons

Young difficult child is alive. For that I am grateful.
He has been court ordered for up to 90 days in psychiatric hospital.
He tried to jump in front of a train the other night while high on xanax and was tackled by police.

I am shaky and a bit numb.
Honestly I am trying to prepare myself mentally, emotionally, spiritually for the worst case scenerio.

LMS

Addictsmom

One of the things that helped me over the many years I have been on this path is living for today. Today my difficult child is alive even though he's in jail. The biggest problem I have had was projecting. I try every day not to look to the future, but try to find some peace in what the situation is today. Today, after all, is all we have.

Kathy813

Staff member
Oh, LMS, I am so, so sorry. All I can offer is {{{hugs}}}.

I'm glad to hear that he is in a p-hospital.

~Kathy

BusynMember

That is so scary...so sad.

You have my family's prayers and the hope that your son will maybe see this as a turning point. One day at a time. ***hugs***

DDD

Goodness Gracious, Tammy. This year has been a son-of-a-gun for you and your family. I'm sorry that you are having to thank God again that he is safe for ninety days. I so hope he will "click" with one of the professionals and believe that the future can be better if he accepts and treats his illnesses.

You, once again, need to focus on you, husband and easy child and get back to a less stressful lifestyle. Three months of good sleep will help alot. As always, my friend, I'm with you. Hugs DDD

lovemysons

Thank you all for the support...

Addictsmom, Yes, all we have is this day. Thank you for the reminder as I was definitely having a problem with projecting.

DDD, I am walking around in slow motion...just very depressed. I just gave easy child a hug. I need to make a gratitude list.

I wish I was more support to you all these days. I am at such a loss for words right now.

Thank you all again for the care and most especially the prayers.
Love,
LMS

Childofmine

one day at a time
LMS, I am so glad he is in a place where he can get help for the next three months and I am so sorry you and he had to experience what you have. I pray these three months can be a period of peace and healing and rest for you, and for him, and that good things are on the other side of this bad thing. I am praying for you and your family tonight.

svengandhi

I'm grateful that your son is unharmed and that he is in a safe place for a long enough time that he can, hopefully, detox his body and mind and get treatment for his illness. Please use this time to care for YOU first before H, easy child and even your beautiful grandchildren.

everywoman

Tammy, I am so very sorry! It is hard to imagine the pain you feel. He needs more help than you can give him and has for a long time. Hugs and prayers for all of you.

Sent using ConductDisorders mobile app

Ephchap

Tammy, I'm also sending many prayers and hugs. This has certainly been such an emotional roller coaster with young difficult child.

Deb

lovemysons

Thank you all so much for the prayers.

As it stands...I don't know what is going to happen next.
difficult child claims that his Dr can order his release as early as tomorrow! I will be in absolute shock if this happens.

I talked to difficult child last night and he did not sound well. He sounded irritated. They now have him on Tegretol, Cymbalta, and a few other medications...apparently they are trying to wean off of his pain medications too and he is quite upset about it.

daughter in law continues to flip flop...One minute she is leaving young difficult child possibly pursuing new older man. The next minute she is at the state psychiatric hospital visiting young difficult child...like yesterday.

I guess I will have to stay out of their marriage as young difficult child told me to last night on the phone. Apparently daughter in law tells him some of what I suggest to her. I just don't want to see her and especially the grandkids get hurt.
Joey...My oldest Grandchild told his mom the other day, "Can't we just have a normal day?" So much of their little lives involves seeing young difficult child in a bad condition.

For today I am trying to rest in the moment...in the knowledge that for right now young difficult child is safe at the hospital under court order until a Dr releases him.

My mind wonders though...this is a tough time.
Thank you all again for being here for me.
Love,
LMS