Pretty sure husband's sister is upset

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
When husband's sister and her husband split, sister got a motorcycle in the divorce. I inquired about buying it after the first year because she never rode it and it was just parked and was looking to sell stuff to make money. She said she was going to get a new battery for it and ride it to work to save money. I never said another word about it.

Fast forward 3 years...she approaches husband and tells him she's selling the bike and is asking $1200 if we hear of anyone looking for one. A few months later, husband decides he wants to buy the bike. She'll sell it to him for $900. So he (we/I) buys the bike. (for those thinking I'm crazy...I gave him the option of...find a nicer little truck, or drive the current little truck and buy the bike - he wanted the bike...)

It takes her 2 months to produce a title. When she does...its void. It was titled in her ex'es name, and he signed it over to her when they divorced. She filled in her name as the buyer, but didn't date it, and she never titled it, and refused to do so. So, we now have a bike that we can't title. And she says its our problem - she won't title it because she's filing bankruptcy and doesn't want to declare it. Well...since we are still friends with her ex, its an easy fix. He applies for a duplicate title, signs it over to us. Takes another 6 weeks, but hey...its done.

husband wants to ride it. I say no way. It has sat for 4 years...take it to the shop and get the oil and gas cleaned out. He does. It will require $1000 work to pass inspection. $350 to even run - carbs are varnished up. Uh...NO WAY NO HOW.

I told husband to find another buyer. He talked to sister's ex and he agreed to work on the bike for cost. He kept it running all these years, anyway.

So, earlier this week, sister's ex'es current wife Fb's me that the bike is ready to be picked up. Ooops.

So now husband's sister isn't happy that they were involved in the bike.

And I say too ________ bad. She took us for a complete ride on that thing. She couldn't have sold that to ANYONE else...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
She is angry at us for not ditching her ex when she divorced him. She thinks we "took his side", which wasn't at all the case.

And no, I don't see that she has a leg to stand on, either. Go ahead and be mad.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I guess I shouldn't be friends with E's ex, either, considering I am BFFs with his current wife.

TBSS, I say.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well it would have been one thing if Sister had said "Gosh I'm so sorry I don't know HOW to help you with the title." Instead she just flat out said "YOUR PROBLEM." So I would tell her "You stated that getting the bike titled was NOT YOUR PROBLEM. That means YOU did not want to be involved in any way shape or form, and this can't be twisted at all - NOT MY PROBLEM means - NOT MY PROBLEM. So since it was OUR problem? We SOLVED it the BEST WAY WE COULD WITHOUT YOUR HELP. and you don't like how we got help for a motorcycle that we paid you good cash for but couldn't title, could NOT ride, and needed as transportation so my husband could get back and for to work to feed his family? WE have three words for you NOT OUR PROBLEM. Go find someone else that wants to listen to your one-sided dribble.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'd just tell her I SOLVED THE PROBLEM. Then laugh at her. Such pettiness deserves to be laughed at, if it's not laughed at, the person spouting such pettiness thinks they got to you. phht.

If that doesn't calm her down you can always tell her Karma can be such a motha, can't it? lmao

Mattsmom277

I'd just let her stew. It's her problem not yours or your husband's. Stinks she is not over her animosity to her ex this many years later, which obviously she isn't to be so bitter over having work done on the bike by him. And just HOW did she expect you and husband to take care of the title problem exactly WITHOUT contacting her ex? She'll get over it. I wouldn't give it another thought. And if she brings it up again, ditto the others comments. You said it was our problem, we took care of it. End of story. Hope the bike runs smooth. I never thought I'd like riding on a bike, they terrified me. Then a friend of mine, a uptight looking professor of all types, tells me he has a bike. Who knew?? Took me out a few times, it was love at first ride (with the bike, not him ;) ). Still hoping one day to afford to surprise S/O with one.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Damn straight, Shari!

Some people just never get out of the 5th grade, I swear. Don't even dignify her juvenile attitude with a response. And if she forces the issue, just tell her to talk to her brother. :devil:

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Oh it's not bothering me in the least. It frightens me how little it gets to me anymore. It's just another prime example of the day to day with the broom closet... She can't carry on a conversation with me without bringing up her ex and his awfulness. I don't discuss her with ex (and he never asks or brings her up) and I don't discuss ex with her, but she can't speak to me without bringing him up....

I'm meeting ex tonight to pick up the bike. Will be nice to visit with a normal person. Lol

nvts

Shari - I have had this great catharsis recently (I love my Dad - no matter what he just knows how to say the right thing at the right time!). I have no obligation to live my life based on approval from my family or friends. He said to pick and choose wisely - but don't make a decision based on what anyone else would say.

She'll get over it or she won't...she clearly thought she was sticking it to the ex, your husband and you and she got bitten instead.

She didn't need the motorcycle because she already had a broom to ride. Too bad so sad! :)

Beth