Price of Gas?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I know there are probably those paying more than we are here.......especially on the coasts. But I nearly fainted when gas here shot up 60 cents overnight, literally to 3.99 a gallon!! :tantrumsmiley::holymoly:

Now I was having issues when it was 60 cents lower.............ok, I was having issues when it was a 1.00 lower.......but at this rate I am going to be walking all over town. OMG

I was planning a trip to dayton this sunday. I just cancelled it because I can't afford the gas. If I use my half tank to get me there and back..........once I'm home it won't last very long.

Now I already drive so little it's just not funny. About the only time I drive these days is to pay the bills (I do it in person, it's cheaper). Looks like this month I'll be walking to pay the bills.......so good thing I'm not far from any of the locations. (2 miles from the furthest which is the gas company)

A tank of gas lasts me 3 months, sometimes 4 if I'm careful. easy child and I shop all the same places......so I ride with her 99.9 percent of the time.

So what's up with such a big jump like that? Man, I'm hoping it goes back down before I need to fill up again. ugh

BusynMember

Same here, Lisa. I could barely believe I was seeing right (I do need my glasses to come in to the optometrist's office...lol).

I am on strike. I absolutely refuse to drive unless necessary. And of course it is necessary, but I make sure I make one trip around town and try to ride my bike at other times (won't work in the winter) and I wonder what lie they will tell all of us about the gas prices. It should be a good one! Anyone up on the spin? I no longer watch news channels as I just can't listen to the negativity.

donna723

Wow! It's been $3.29 here for quite a while, down from $3.39. It varies from county to county. My son works two counties away and today it went down to $3.16 from $3.17! Before I retired I was spending almost $10 a day on gas, even in my little 4-cylinder car. Now $10 worth of gas gets me by almost a month. Every other day I make my rounds of town -post office, grocery store, etc. - but that's literally just a few blocks. Then about once a month I drive 20 miles to the next county to buy dog food. Unless I go somewhere unplanned or out of the way, $10 worth of gas will last me a long time.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Yesterday I noticed it was more expensive than diesel for the first time in AGES. $3.999 versus $3.989 and $3.899 (two different stations). Today diesel is up to $4.019.
This is ridiculous. I don't know how other countries stand it.

witzend

Well I haven't been out today so I'm not sure. It was $3.39 yesterday. I think it's that summer thing where they add ethanol to it. Have you seen any information about what it might be?

Dixies_fire

It's 3.66 on post I put 10 in the gas tank today and it was 2.89 gallons. I started driving when it was roughly 1.20 in 2001 I think that was the last time it was ever that low. But I remember when 10 dollars got you half a tank of gas or hell almost full. It kind of makes me sick to my stomach. one negative thing I don't think my hubs realizes when we move is how much gas we will be using especially since he wants to live out of the way. We don't drive off post much at all since we had the baby, it's something I worry about with the transition to civilian life.

KTMom91

Gas here in hot and sunny Central California is $3.85. I know it's more expensive in the Bay Area.

InsaneCdn

It's summer. Refining plants are running flat out and still not meeting demand. I don't know what shape your plants are in, but some of ours are out of commission or have been (one had a fire, one had a major malfunction of some sort), so stock that would normally be stored ahead for the summer season isn't there... The price is driven by the combination of limited capacity, and consumer demand. Capacity is not going up by much, because of NIMBYism.

I won't tell you what ours costs these days, but... I'd be willing to pay your 3.99 per US gallon, as it's less than we are paying.

SuZir

We are paying currently about 8 dollars a gallon, little more. Has been higher but came little bit down during late winter. Will likely go up again soon.

If I would see gas price of 3,99 here, I would first faint, then cry from joy, call husband and in-laws to bring every possible container to buy it in and hope that line to that gas station would not be over 10 miles before they got there.

BusynMember

It's 3.99 in Wisconsin and it's never the highest in the country here. Well, Walker has created all sorts of...that's right. No politics allowed :) But if he-who-now-runs-things gets in again, I'm going to talk to my hubby about moving back to Illinois. It's getting crazy here and not just with gas...vent over.

Seems like the south is paying a lot less than we are up north!

trinityroyal

Gas here is $1.28 per litre, which works out to $4.85 per gallon. And that's factoring in the $0.05 per litre discount that I get at Costco.

Wiped Out

Staff member
It's $3.95 here and driving me crazy!! MWM-since we don't talk politics here I'll just say I completely agree with you:)

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I remember a few years back I was out with my boyfriend and his best friend. We were nearly out of gas and what do you know, I was the only one with any money.

There was only one gas station.

"A dollar seven nine? I'm not paying a dollar seven nine!"

:sigh:

donna723

Hey, I'm so old, I remember gas wars! And I remember thinking that when gas finally got up to $1.00 a gallon, I wouldn't be able to afford to drive to work anymore!