Price of Milk

happymomof2

Anyone else having to place there kids on Milk restrictions?

Just wondering how much it is in other parts of the country.

The cheapest we can get it right now is 3.99 a gallon. My kids and husband could go through a gallon a day easy. Not right now there not!!

meowbunny

Fortunately, Walgreen's has a sale here every other week for $3.59/gallon. Have told my daughter if she wants more than a gallon every two weeks, she'll have to buy it out of her tips.

DavidWH

Yep same in NC lowest is store brands 3.75 to 4.39 including wallyworld... "PET" milk is 5.39 a gallon.. everywhere...

and I alone can drink a gallon in 2 days...

DammitJanet

I hate buying milk and we end up having to because of having Keyana here so much. If I have to be over by Sams Club I get it there because its about 60 cents cheaper. I can get it there for about 3.50 or so. At Food Lion its 4.09 but they do offer this Buy 6 and get 1 free deal if I can keep up with the coupons.

Whats bad is that I cant even drink any milk!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Thankfully, we don't drink much milk here at all. In fact, I only buy it in 1 quart increments and end up pouring it down the drain most weeks, we don't even make a dent in it. I mostly keep it around "just in case".

H and I only have cream in our coffee - otherwise, we're kind of against milk in general.

difficult child is lactose intolerant.

The only time I have milk and it actually gets consumed is when easy child is home. She loves milk.

Past the age of 15, there really isn't a need for milk at all - you can get yor calcium elsewhere.

SRL

I saw it for $3.99 the other day at Walmart and I just gasped! Thankfully I can still get it for $2.99 at another supermarket. We go through 3-4 gallons a week.

susiestar

Roll With It
We don't buy milk much and I haven't been grocery shopping for more than 1 or 6 items in months. Dang neck. But the prices are very shocking.

My youngest likes Silk or other soymilk. He had an allergy to dairy (the fat in milk, not lactose or anything else) so he had Silk a lot. He still prefers it. Jess also likes it on lots of things.

We just don't use that much milk. Kids like cereal dry, and we all gag on drinking a glass of milk. I will be using powdered milk in cooking if the prices are this high.

Susie

Sue C

Wow--you guys that can get milk for $2.99 are very fortunate! I bought a gallon last week at Pick n Save and paid $3.69. I think it was $3.89 at Sentry Foods.

sue

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I keep going nuts everytime we go to the store. I only use milk for cooking and hot chocolate. However easy child and husband are regualar milk drinkers and the restrictions apply in our house to them.

Beth

mum2JK&TH

I'm not sure how much is a gallon as we use liters here, but we go through 8 liters of milk a week (family use and for my daycare) and 4 liters of milk is 4.29. It's been that way for quite a long time here :frown:

Our local supermarket has high prices generally but has a more or less permanent "special" on the store brand for $2.99, if you have their preferred saver card or whatever it is that they call it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mum2JK&TH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not sure how much is a gallon as we use liters here, but we go through 8 liters of milk a week (family use and for my daycare) and 4 liters of milk is 4.29. It's been that way for quite a long time here :frown: </div></div>
$4.29 Canadian for four liters is equivalent to $4.15 US per gallon.

BusynMember

I just posted a thread on the price of GAS then saw this.
We only buy skim milk now and look around for bargains. Not that there ARE bargains...

svengandhi

We drink alot of milk here. We go through 2 - 3 gallons of skim and at least one whole milk per week. H is a whole milk holdout but I have got my daughter and youngest son preferring skim while the others will use it if I pour it in their cereal for them. I use skim in my coffee but I drink that at home only on weekends.

Depending on where we shop, milk is anywhere from $3.19 to $4.69. I get crazed when any gets wasted.