printer problems

peg2

Hi,

what am I doing wrong here? Trying to print out an e-mail I received and I keep getting mostly a blank page. It won't print out the black ink part of what I want. Very frustrating.

Nancy

The same exact thing started happening to me two weeks ago. Then I wasn't able to orient anything from the web. I thought my settings were off somehow and even deleted and reinstalled my printer twice. Nothing worked. I finally bit the bullet and bought a new printer on sale and everything works fine now. For some reason the printer just stopped communicating with my computer.

InsaneCdn

If you want to know whether it is the printer, or whether it's the particular app/printer connection, try copying the text from your web page into a wordpad doctor, and print from there. If it prints that way, the printer is probably OK in general, but may not work with the latest WEB logic.
If it doesn't even print from wordpad... it definitely is the printer. Or cable. Or something else at that 'hardware' level.

scent of cedar

If you google the problem, you may find that someone who is experiencing the same thing has figured it out. Or, youtube it. You will be amazed at the computer help on youtube. All kinds of things, there. husband learned how to extract a stuck CD from his CD player on youtube.

Hope this works out for you.

Cedar

peg2

Thanks, my husband was on the phone with Epson for almost an hour. it is somewhat fixed, but I'm not entirely happy with it. My printer is not that old, I think these are so tempremental!!

Nancy

I got mine to work a little too. I could print if I cut and pasted the info into an email to myself and printed it that way but I couldn't print from the web at all. I even tried downloading new printer drivers and that didn't work. The strange thing was one day it worked and the next day it didn't. After I got the new printer and it printed everything right away I knew it had to be the printer. I agree they seem to be very tempermental.