Probation review, difficult child sent back to prison

rejectedmom

husband went to see difficult child today (Mother's day). husband said difficult child seems to be doing pretty good. His AA sponser visited him and since he leads the aa group in prison he is allowed a contact visit. Hardly seems fair to me that I who raised difficult child since infancy can't hug him but a man he has only known a couple of months can. WHAT a GD SYSTEM ERROR that is. Anyway difficult child is back on his medications. Not sure I agree with the script (prosac in the pm and lithium in the AM) but will wait and see. In their infinate wisdom the idiots are grinding up the time release medications that the inmates take and wondering why they are all flipping out. This comming from a person with a 79 IQ. So what does that say for the guys administering the policies??????

difficult child says that his council told him that they can only hold him for max 9 months and that if he doesn't get into any trouble his 2 months good time will be applied to that to reduce it to 7 months. He is also trying to do the freedom program again. That is the 4 month program the prison offers that difficult child couldn't complete the last time he was in. Hopefully he will be able to this time around.

I am still fighting some melancholy. I really miss him this time and will probably visit if he has to stay for any length of time. We had some very good times during his freedom months. I relly treasure that time with him.

I got several e-mails from friends and family today telling me what a wonderful mother I am and it felt so good to be acknowledged. Like many of the other mom's here on this board I have been judged harshly in the past by people who didn't have a clue and others that had heard some of the lies difficult child had told when he was living on the streets two years ago. I got two beautiful bouquets of flowers from my daughters, regifted chocolate from my Aspie son (LOL), A card from difficult child and was taken to luch yesterday by my grandchildren and their parents. This was probably one of the nicest Mother's day's I have had in a very long time blemished only by the fact that I could not hug my youngest child. Bittersweet. Hopefully next year it will be a PERFECT Mother's day wthl all my children and my grandchildren present to hug including the newest one who is due to arrive in November. That is the prayer I project out into the universe and hopefully it will come back to me fullfilled.

To all of my family here on the board I hope the same for you. May we all find the perfect in the midst of our chaos. -RM