Probation violation---back to court

everywoman

difficult child went to see his probation officer today. He was supposed to be finished with the judicial system after this meeting. He has paid his fines, gone to school, did his community service---A month ago he had a major anxiety attack and depressive episode and dropped out of school. He moved back home. He told the PO today---she violated him. He goes before the judge next week. I don't know what will happen. He has no job. He is still using pot.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Is it possible that she had him drug tested and he came out positive for pot and that's why she violated him? I don't know about your difficult child but when Rob was "in his prime" he never told us the truth about anything.

Suz

everywoman

He could have tested positive. I know he bought a kit to flush his system. He could have lied---wouldn't put it past him.

DDD

Truly, the whole system makes me ill. I truly wish none of us had to deal with "them" at all. What a waste of our young people. Sending supportive hugs to you. DDD

I can relate. Actually my son has a PO meeting the sixth of May. He has been using pot also. He thinks they wont drug test him. He talked real kindly to his PO the other day so now he thinks he can do what he wants. When it came to trying to save his life I actually called the PO and told them to drug test him - he was doing more than pot. Sometimes they dont even drug test them and they should.

DammitJanet

I believe him that he was violated for not working and dropping out of school. There could also be the hot drug test but Corys "rules" of his probation are that he has that curfew, either be in school or working, etc. Now his PO told him that he MAY be drug tested or may not be. If he pops hot the first time...its a freebie. The second one would force him into a type of probation for people with substance abuse and mental illnesses and the third time would mean he went to what can only be termed...prison day treatment...he goes to this building and stays there all day doing school, therapy and other such things. The 4th is the one that would send him to prison.

everywoman

I am almost certain it was the no job, no school thing. He said he passed the drug screen---
Last night husband and I took him out to dinner for his birthday. He told us not to be concerned about it, it was his problem and he would handle it. Okay, I hope he remembers his words if they lock him up----
Detach---detach---serenity prayer!!!

susiestar

Roll With It
{{{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}

I am sorry. It must be so hard to be all prepared to have him done with this and then have them pull him back in. Will they take his mental state (anxiety attack and major depression) into account and maybe offer some help? (I know, delusional thinking on my part).

Anyway, hugs,

Susie