problems i'm stressing

B

Bunny

Jena, I'm sorry this is not going as you had hoped it would. Does the hospital have the records of what happened at the last hospital she was at? Can't they see from those that taking the stance they are planning on taking will not work? Talking to the head nurse was a good idea. Maybe she can get what you are trying to say and will be able top relay your concerns to the doctor. They should not cut you out of how she will be treated. You are her mother, and while your are not a doctor, you know her better than anyone there and can give them tremendous insight into what she is like. Find out what they do for the other 10% of the kids that their treatment methods don't work on? If you really feel that what they are planning on doing will not work with her, see if they can go right to what they do for the 10%. That might be a fresh approach.

I hope that it gets better for you out there. You are all alone out there and that makes it so much more difficult. I'll say a prayer for you and for your difficult child.

Pam

Jena

thanks guys. yea i'm stressing. as soon as they said that my anxiety went up and i didnt' even know it. couldnt' sleep last night almost had a panic attack. that whole oh no i'm trapped here feeling. i talked to the nurse last night basically so she'd update the chart bulletpoint my "points" my thoughts etc. she said that would be a good idea. i said this way the dr comes in can view my thoughts and than meet with-me. so she isnt' blindsided and has time to digest.

their good here please dont' get me wrong, yet it seems as though behavioral mods in this eating disorder world mean no tv, no parents, etc. nurse told me last night they use all of that. so i just have to keep telling myself if this isnt' the place at least she's slowly getting better.

than i can either try to work with them or wait till she's well and find another plan. i want to stay here i want them to help her. they seem pliable so im praying that they listen to me as far as the taking me away thing. that's truly my only concern because i know how difficult child will react and we'll be here forever!! told nurse maybe i can step out of picture in a way that difficult child wont' notice like someone here suggested. oh mom has therapy, a meeting etc. than it'll give them 2 meals to work alone with her. without her getting what we're doing.

we'll see doctor will be here in a bit. i gotta be honest first hospitalization she was no where near as banged up as she is now. in my quiet moments it literally scares me so badly that i took two flights here with this very sick kid. it's been 8 days today and she's still all those medical words i dont' want her to be. weak heart, low blood pressure. i miss people also husband, easy child, the ability to sit with husband and unload listen to his thoughts. this truly bites.

pepperidge

Jena,

Seems like you have a good perspective and are in a good place to have a rational discussion with the docs.

How are you feeling? (Aside from being lonely, stressed etc?!) did your pains subside?

I can tell you from experience that putting my chid in a wilderness program was the hardest thing I have ever done. It is so hard and painful to step aside as a parent.

Take care of yourself,
P.

DDD

I don't know if you are on anxiety medication or if you have been. Sometimes our burdens are just too much to cope with on our own. The more extended the stress the more difficult it is. I have never been on medications but following the extended trauma with brain surgery, slow recovery and alcoholism I needed something. For me having an occasional Ativan "usually" at bedtime has really helped me keep my emotional balance and catch up on my sleep.

Your approach sounds sensitive and well thought out. I have my fingers crossed that you feel better after your meeting this morning. Sending more support and hugs. DDD

Jena

difficult child's now orthostatic via heartrate. it was blood pressure now it's switched. still bed ridden yet allowed exercusions via wheelchair a few times a day. she can't walk yet. we keep thinking it'll get better doctor did too, yet her body is desperately craving real food. they say bag helps yet her body needs solids to repair itself. it's very sad how much damage she's done to herself. i guess as nurse said it took a while to get this bad it's going to take time to get her heart better.

me i wanna just puke :)