Proud Moments

1tiredmama

I thought it would be good to share something that made us proud about our kids this week, kinda a lift me up type thread. I will go first.

yesterday we were moving our Hoosier and the place I wanted to move it it woudl not fit, I measured and looked and told T that it wont fit. He looked for a few minutes then said

Mom if you pull the TV stand out a bit then the book shelf can move over and it will fit.

Well he was right! I was so proud that he figured that out on his own, and he was paying attention.

lizanne2

Yeah, i love proud moments.

my daughter had heat related issues track so...this morning she packed a healthier lunch and brought her water bottle so she woulldn't pass out!

Handled all alone!

difficult child 1....has had a few atta boy moments lately. The one that poped in to my head is he told me Mom I have school friends and home friends, my home friends can go to school but school friends I don't want to hang out with outside of school because of their behaviors :D He really is getting it....I am just so proud!

KTMom91

Miss KT is putting in extra effort on her schoolwork, rather than giving in to "Senior-itis," because she wants to graduate with at least a B average. This is huge! Usually she doesn't care, as long as it's a C (because I'll take the car keys if it's anything lower!), so seeing her put in effort is heart-warming.

Andy

difficult child has been burning up the bowling alley this week. 202, 194, and today a 184 along with a few 150ish and 120ish throughout the week.

He has brought his ball average up to 116.

Today the 184 was during his class trip so that was really fun. The eight students of various levels from one who I don't think has ever bowled to difficult child and the cheering that went on for each and every ball rolled was great! difficult child got a turkey which really pleased the other kids because they got to see the turkey on the screen.

susiestar

Roll With It
Jessie is doing her best to be kind to all of us, especially Tyler, during her back spasms. She sometimes snaps, but apologizes as soon as she realizes what she has said or how she said it. Often before I realize what is going on and have a chance to say something.

Tyler is working very very hard on his handwriting (big issue for him). He also helps Jessie and I out whenever he can and we are hurting.

Wiz actually gave me a hug last time I saw him - with-o me saying anything! And it wasn't even as we were leaving! There were a few years I thought I might never get an un-coerced hug from him EVER.

Wiped Out

Staff member
This is little this week 'cause he has been on a roll but I thought we were all out of lemon juice for a recipe for tomorrow and difficult child went into the fridge and found it for me! Like I said it's small but for this week I'll take it.

Whatsername

Today, difficult child got almost all 'greens' on his behavior chart at school! This earned him 14 minutes of free time at the end of the day tomorrow!! I was so proud, i hung his chart on the fridge!

trinityroyal

Proud moments in difficult child-land are very hard to come by lately, as his behaviour has been...um...more challenging than usual lately.

difficult child found his library books and managed to return them without incurring any fines, when the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) did their weekly library run yesterday.

Not a big one, but we relish the baby steps too.

Trinity