Proud of my difficult child????

busywend

You betcha!

I am so proud of my difficult child. She worked late last night. She was running the 10 items or less lane at the grocery store. She said it was sort of slow so she was looking outside for a bit. She saw an older man receive money from some kids right outside the store. She informed the other cashiers that if a man in a grey sweatshirt tries to buy beer, he is doing it for minors.

The guy came to her lane. She informed him that she would have to see the ID of the people that were with him at the front of the store. He said he was alone. She told him she saw him with other people at the entrance and he insisted he was alone. He got a bit irrate and she pushed the security button. When management came over the guy changed his story to 'yes, some kids asked me a question when I was coming in.' Then he changed it to the only other person he was with was sitting in his car. When they insisted they see that person's ID he left without buying.

My baby prevented underage drinking last night!!!!!! WAHOO!!!!! I told her she may have saved some lives last night.

I am so proud of her!

And it must be a positive for her reputation at the job!!!

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Wow! I'm proud of her too! I've known a lot of kids who looked away when they witnessed such goings on and a lot of kids who were part of said illegal activities, including the buying of cigarettes.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Excellent. I can remember when I lived in Chicago, being approached by groups of kids who offered me money to buy alcohol for them. On several occasions I told shopkeepers that the kids outside were trying to procure alcohol, but I got blown off every time.

susiestar

Roll With It
Way To Go!!! I once worked in a liquor store and saw a LOT of this going on. Knowing that any fines would be MINE to pay and NOT the stores, I always refused to make the sale. Ditto for those who "forgot" their licenses. My boss once threatened to fire me if I didn't sell to a guy who was obviously underage (dated a friend of mine's HS daughter and studied with her often). I refused and said if he fired me I would take an ad out in the paper telling everyone. He depended on local support so he left me alone. He pressured a lot of the other employees though. For the one kid he reached around me and made the sale. Never did that again as I picked up the phone and called the kid's girlfriend's mom and she called the kids mom. Said boy's mom came in and pitched an unholy FIT at the boss. He TRIED the "I didn't know" and got told by a local cop that they didn't CARE if he knew - that is what ID's are for.

There can be a LOT of pressure to let these sales go through - glad your daughter took a stand.

Nancy

I am so proud of her. My difficult child bought alcohol two weeks ago at a grocery store and I found the receipt. Claims she had someone buy it for her. She either did that or she knew the cashier. Either way, I called the store and gave them the cashier number and time it was bought and they are checking the tapes and the cashier will get fired if it was my difficult child.

Your difficult child did the right thing, on many different levels.

Nancy

DammitJanet

LOL...I saw this going on outside a gas station one day and I had one of Jamie's hats in the car with me. He used to get tons of them when he worked the gate when he was a Marine from all sorts of law enforcement agencies as the came through the gates. This one happened to be for the ATF. I grabbed that hat and stuck it in the front windshield of my car as I sat there watching the kids approaching people. Once the adults noticed my car...people started scattering like fleas...lmao!

svengandhi

It is wonderful to hear about a kid who's made the connection and is doing the right thing. No wonder you are proud of her.

busywend

Thanks for sharing in my pride!

She finally told me how the management reacted to her actions. She take awhile to tell things like this - LOL! As you can guess they were all pleased, many of them came over to tell what a great job she did. She is new to this job, too. So, it gives me hope she will be able to stay there for awhile.

WAHOO!

trinityroyal

Wendy, add me to the list of Board Aunties who are very proud of your difficult child. So glad that management is supporting her actions too.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Excellent. She has a backbone and the appropriate amount of righteous indignation. : )
Hope they give her a raise.