provigil and/or nuvigil?

jannie

trying to survive....
We went to the doctor tonight and he recommended that we try either provigil and/or nuvigil to treat adhd symptoms. He recently trialed focalin and had a terrible reaction/rage. And although the vyvanse is helpful, he recently started tics in the spring and they aren't going away. The vyvanse appears to make the tics slightly worse...

Doctor recommended provigil/nuvigil and explained one of the biggest downs fall is the cost of medication and the fact that it is often not covered for ADHD...This child is driving me crazy....

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Provigil is 'on label' for the treatment of narcolepsy. I expect you might have a horrible time getting insurance to pay for it for any other use and it is horribly expensive.

jannie

trying to survive....
Yes, I am aware of the high cost...I believe I am able to get the first prescription as a free trial...and I guess we'll see from there...I wonder what the cost will be. We have been very lucky with prescription coverage. Two people in my family take high dosages of abilify...which costs thousands a month and we pay $20.00 for three months.

LittleDudesMom

I am not familiar with either medication. I would say though if you are able to get the first month free, and the medication is stimulant in type (take it and see results pretty much right away), try it.

If there is a marked improvement, there is always the option of contacting the drug manufacturer for financial assistance.

Sharon