Proximitist - I am one

susiestar

Roll With It
I am SOOOO among like minded people here. It just seems everyday someone pipes up and lets us know something that applies to so many of us. And so few of them (the them that are not us, Know what I mean??)

Have any of you tried being woken from a sound sleep by a toddler who smashes his nose into yours and screams 'IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII" at the top of his toddler lungs (toddler lungs are louder and higher pitched than any other lungs)?

I spent until Wiz was over 3 years old with him waking me up like that. husband would get up with him and then get sidetracked on the computer or with Barney and then thank you would sneak in to me. (Yes, husband could get sidetracked by Barney. I live in shame. I hope you know I could ONLY speak of this to y'all!)

I would probably be as annoyed as y'all at places with lines. I don't wait in lines to pay. If they want my moolah enough they will have an open register when I am ready to pay. Or at least someone tearing the check out of the checkbook!

I have been known to pull a tin of Altoids from my purse and offer them to someone breathing on me or whatever. Sometimes even to an entire line of people.

I am in the club with y'all. You can share my super duper skin cream - great for tired skin, for wrinkles, and for irritated skin. But i will give you your own container so you don't have to sit right up next to me while you use it.

Maybe we could have this Proximist group meet online so we don't get into each other's personal space?

everywoman

Count me in. I don't stand in lines if at all possible. I don't like touchy, huggy people. I once stopped going to a church because they had a hug time after prayer and well, I just could not take it.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Last night on a show called Bones -

There was a scene where a man was getting upset - and he told people around him in a very matter of fact voice.

"You are all just going to have to back up because I don't manage my anger of having my space being invaded as well as I'd like to."

OMG - JACKPOT.

Susie* OF COURSE there is a them and US....then there's me....and I don't fit anywhere. :tongue: I think...

DammitJanet

The ladies at my electric company must be proximists too because they have this red line painted on the floor and a sign on the counter instructing patrons to stay behind the red line until called. LOL. Now this means that all of us patrons have to hover like sheep in a corral waiting to be called. I have no idea why people find the need to push and shove like it is going to make getting up there any faster. Thats when I use my "line waiter" one of the boys, and go up when it is my turn. I just sit on the bench until we hit the head of the line...lol.

In the grocery store I tend to stand in the middle of my cart so I am blocked from both sides but it appears I am leaning on the cart. I am also ready to get my items out and onto the belt.

house of cards

I love your Tee shirt idea, just make sure you have it printed with large letters that can be read from 5 feet away. I can just imagine someone reading that and thinking "what is a proximitist?...I don't know but I'm going to stay back 3 feet...you never know".

susiestar

Roll With It
Star, Sweetie, you DO have a place! It is in the corner just like always!!! I promise to come sit near you - but not too close!

I just LOVE the show Bones. If you like that, it is based on a character created by Kathy Reichs (the author actually does the kind of stuff the title character does).