psychiatric-o's charges accepted. court in a week.

TerryJ2

I agree: you are doing EVERYTHING in the way of medical/mental health care possible and this is just the way he is and NO ONE can change the fact that he's brain damaged. The psycho knew that WAY before this incident. He KNEW how Q was and continued to provoke him and mishandle him

I also think you may be on the right track, that the school district or the union is helping to force this guy's hand. I say "helping" because he seems like the type to move forward on his own, to defend his own stupidity and meanness.

DammitJanet

They are filing this as juvenile right?

They should be having you in to talk to a court resource officer to go over what the charges are first. That would be when you explain your son and find out what is up.

I know we cant compare kids together but Cory's first brush with the law was when he was 8 and he had a broken wrist. He accidentally let the school door shut on another kids hand with his broken hand and they claimed he did it on purpose. They called the cops on him. I dont think he had the brain power to put the thoughts together to think that if he let his wrist slide off the door at this angle, the door would shut just at the right time to slam onto little Joey's hand but that is what the school claimed. We got called into Juvy and they had to talk to both of us to see if Cory had the capacity to make that leap. After a few minutes of talking to him...well...they didnt think he did it intentionally. They thought it was an accident and everything was dropped.

buddy

That would be great. All I got was a letter saying that I had to be in court at that specific date and time with Q for him to enter a plea of guilty or not guilty and then if he says not guilty they will assess if he can have a public defender. If we state that he is delayed/incompetent, then they decide if they will have him assessed. If he is ok to do it out patient they do it that way. I am hoping all the recent testing will do it for him without any further testing, and also hoping that the fact that he is already certified by the state as permanently disabled might help. I guess it only takes one crazy judge and/or prosecutor though.

My main worry is how to tell Q, how to get him there without his acting out. That part is really scary.

I will call them on Monday and see what they say.

T

TeDo

Janet, my guess is this is a state thing but in Minnesota juveniles and their parents don't get ANYTHING until AFTER the kid pleads guilty or not guilty. No lawyers, no chance to talk to anyone involved, nothing. It really hoovers. We just went through the same thing with an idiot cop.

Buddy, I know exactly what you're saying and I don't think there is an easy solution to telling Q. He's going to have a VERY strong anxiety reaction no matter when you tell him or what you tell him. I really feel for you. Having gone through what we just did, I can only imagine how it could have been if difficult child 1 had the ABI and seizures on top of it.

Millions of {{{{HUGS}}}} and sending my NEW armour your way ....... and I'll even throw in the rhino skin.

lovelyboy

Buddy....great, big hugs to both of you!
I am reading your post and its like a very horrible movie playing infront of me! I cant imagine how ANY adult in their right mind can even begin to put a disabled child through this! It's pseudo real!!!!

Jodi Picoult wrote a book called House Rules....exactly about this situation! Thats how scary this is! This book is about an Asperger boy who was accused of murder and the terrible things that happened to him during this courtcase, because he couldn't understand halve of it and acted out all the time as the stress increased.....

I will be praying for you that the Good Lord will send his helpers your way, to open up doors to help, to open up peoples minds and hearts to understand Q situation and be gentle with both of you!

Hugs!!!!!!

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I am so very sorry Buddy, I have no words, just lots of compassion, sadness for you, anger at the whole situation and my deep prayers that this is resolved quickly with as little a toll on you and Q as possible. Hang in there, all of us here are pulling for you and sending you our collective prayers and hugs.

Buddy: I'm so very sorry that you have to deal with this crazy court case involving your son. I can't imagine the stress that you must be under right now. You are a wonderful mother, and I am sending you prayers that this case gets resolved quickly and with very little trauma to Q. (((HUGS)))

exhausted

Oh Buddy, I am very behind-no time to read the posts here. I am so sorry that jerk Psycho has done this. Oviously saving his :censored2:. You are the one that has a case-not him. There is a law center here that provides free help for people who can't afford lawyers-they even will pull strings and find one if they don't cover the area of law. Is there one in your area? I found the link off the JJS page in my state. Most firms have to provide pro-bono work (my understanding in this state at least). I actually called the best guy I could for our daughter and he took the case for 1/4 the charge. With one week-this is tough. Could things be delayed until you get a lawyer? I feel this is important. (((Hugs to such a super mom)))

Tiapet

Old Hand
Buddy I'm so sorry this is happening. I really hope you are able to find a lawyer to help you. It seems Wrights law should be able to some resource/source to help you some how. At the very least a starting point. I know years ago it's how I found the lawyer to help with our school situation that got out of hand with difficult child #1. My thoughts go out to you.

DDD

I feared that psycho would push the envelope and I can only imagine how frightening it is for you. difficult child#2 was targeted by a middle school official years ago and ended up on probation for one year....even though the juvenile justice system realized he had just made a poor choice due to his A and refused to file charges.. I will pray that your local system gets it's act together pronto. I abhor the way kids are treated by "the system". Hugs DDD