totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Well I am doing nothing for now. LOL
I am waiting for a response from psychiatrist. She must think I am crazier.
But I know she respects my thought process.

She doesn't want to take her off of the AP's, but K has really horrible drooling, her tongue thrust has gotten worse and we worry about her weight gain.
It is one of those does the good out weigh the bad?

Since she seems to be able to handle the hallucinations, even when off of the AP's, is it better to see how she does with just a MS?
Is the AP messing with her Metabolism and doing permanent damage?
Her movements did not seem to change when we took her off last time.

psychiatrist is very against just throwing medication after medication on top of each other, which I highly respect.
She would be happy just keeping her on the AP, if not for the issues K is having right now.
I know what the reports say. But they never take into account out how these things affect our kids mentally. As far as the weight gain.

Girls especially suffer from eating disorders, depression, low self esteem, etc. from poor self image. It only gets worse as they get older. Not to mention, medication refusal if they know the medications are causing the weight gain.
Not to mention the health issues.
K already is making comments about thinking she is fat. I can't change her diet much more, I can't get her to exercise much more.

So I have to figure something out.
I have a high incidence of suicide in my family, there is scientific proof that this runs in families.

Stability means a lot more than mood and I think the psychiatrist's forget this sometimes.

So I wait and try to weigh all of he options. The good thing is that we would not take her off of the AP until she was up to therapeutic levels on a MS, then we would try to take her off. If the psychiatrist even would think it would be OK at this point.
She may decide in the end to just add a weight management medication, which she is not to thrilled about.
But we can always add the AP back on pretty quickly.

I have read tons of real person reports from people who are older and the long term effects of AP's do not make me smile.