psychiatrist for the boys

JJJ

I'm taking the boys to see the psychiatrist today for their regularly scheduled medication check.

Eeyore is a trembling ball of anxiety. Four different school staff has called this week expressing concern. His Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is off the charts and he is miserable. I'm really hoping that she can add something for the anxiety.

Tigger is doing really well and I'm going to ask her to discontinue the Seroquel. If he gets off Seroquel successfully, then he does not need to see her anymore, his neurologist will handle all his medications. Seroquel is the only medication she is still rx for him.

buddy

Let us know! It would be so great if T didn't need the seroquel. Nice to have one who is doing excellently.

That anxiety piece? I hate that for our kids. It fuels 75% of Q's outbursts. Poor guy. I hope she has ideas.

cubsgirl

I hope that your appointment goes well for both boys. I hope Eeyore feels better soon and that she gives him something for anxiety.

JJJ

She slightly upped Eeyore's Prozac and told him to start following the rules and his anxiety would decrease cause he wouldn't be constantly worried about being caught.

Tigger is being weaned off the Seroquel and if he stays as stable as he is, she is going to remove his ADHD label and declare all his previous mental illness diagnosis as misdiagnosis! She said it would be great (from a stigma point of view, to not be labelled mentally ill)

Overall, great appointment!

Bunny

Wow! That is great for Tigger! I'm glad that she increased Eeyore's medications. I hope that it helps him.