psychiatrist is retiring..ugh

Californiablonde

I have to say it's about damn time. The man is 82 years old. But still I was just getting used to him and liking him and now I have to find another psychiatrist. I saw him last month and he gave me 3 months worth of refills so I have time to look for another doctor, but what a pain in the butt it is to find someone new. I have had some pretty bad luck with psychiatrists and therapists so I am feeling wary of searching and finding another good one. I am in need of a medication change right now so this is bad timing but there's nothing I can do.

Paxil up and quit on me a couple months ago and I am left as anxious as ever. I have now officially tried all of the SSRI's so I have no idea what the new doctor is going to do with me. I hope he or she (hopefully it's a he as I really don't get along with females) has a few tricks up their sleeve and can help me. I know for one thing that all these antidepressants they keep throwing at me are NOT helping my weight. I seem to want to binge eat on all of them. I am now up to 171 pounds. Yikes! Hopefully I can find something helpful that does not cause weight gain. I am a super shy and quiet person so the thought of telling my whole medical history to yet another stranger terrifies me and it just SUCKS, but what can I do? Wish me luck.

InsaneCdn

OK, to be honest? I'd rather have to find new psychiatrist than new therapist. And... getting someone younger, might mean some fresh approaches. But yes... it's no fun finding the next one.

Californiablonde

After the holidays I will be searching for a new T doctor as well. I had to basically fire my last two because they were not helpful and a waste of money. I had a great therapist several years ago but he moved. I sure do miss him. I hope I can find somebody just as good because I am quickly running out of medication options and therapy is my best bet right now.

dstc_99

Moving every 3-4 years like I do makes you immune to this stuff. Lol

I actually just saw my new psychiatrist and she was amazed how I could articulate the last 40 years of drama with ease. I mentioned that if I didn't I would be therapy for life. I've broken in more tdocs and docs than I. Can remember. Lol