psychiatrist Moved difficult child's Appointment Up To Next Week

Bunny

After we took difficult child to the psychiatric ER I called the psychiatrist and made the first appointment I could get - which wasn't until May 14. Last week over the break I called and left him a message (the psychiatrist was out of the office for the week) that I was seeing signs of depression in him, and just asked that he call me whe he gets back to the office.

Last night the psychiatrist's office called and told me that the wanted to see him immediately. We now have an appointment for next week.

I told difficult child last night that he has the appointment next week and he said, "I'm not supposed to go yet. Isn't it too soon? You made the appointment early because of what I did!!"

Why yes, dear. I did.

:smile:

StressedM0mma

I am so glad that they are getting him in sooner. But like Terry said even next week seems a long time when you want them to get the help they need. And, I am sorry, but I did chuckle at your last line. I just shake my head. Our difficult child's just cannot seem to connect the dots sometimes. HUGS. Hope the time passes quickly and uneventfully until your appointment.

buddy

Glad they moved it....poor difficult child. I wish you could skip puberty. You have had enough drama.

Bunny

Thank you. He's actually been pretty good since he got home for his school trip. He had one huge meltdown over the break, and he was supposed to get a privilege back the following day. I told him that because be was screaming and cursing at me he was not getting it, and we told him that he would have to wait another five days. He was very calm for the remainder of the week, though.