psychiatrist today

M

ML

Our new trial will be tenex. I am hoping to hear that this has helped some of your kids out there. If you have any experience to share, please let me know. Thanks.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Michele,
I hope the tenex is helpful for your difficult child! It didn't help for my difficult child but not much has!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
In our case, it worsened difficult child 2 and made him manic. Hope you get good results, some people do.

jannie

trying to survive....
tenex worked well for my little one. He took at from the age of 4 1/2 until about age 6 1/2. It helped to control anger, activity, and impulsivity...eventually we stopped due to adding other drugs.

Good luck with it. What other medications is he taking?

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
We tried it last summer, but I don't feel we gave it a chance. It made K increasingly aggressive and violent but I am now seeing a lot of medications do that to her in the beginning. For some if we give them a chance they stabilize. For others she just doesn't do well on them. Her psychiatrist Difficult Child'd the Tenex too quickly for us to ever find out. I hope your difficult child does well on this.

LittleDudesMom

As with some others, no experience with the medication, but keeping fingers crossed that difficult child has a positive outcome.

Sharon

M

ML

Thanks everyone. If it doesn't work, there are others. I've come to accept medications as a necessary evil and now we just have to find the right one(s). Lamictal is one that our psychiatrist is willing to try but wants to try this first. Hugs everyone xo ML