Puberty 13, 14 in May

MICHL

difficult child is in puberty age and he's getting so much more aggressive than before. I didn't think that was possible. He's doing worse in school (Special Education non-public placement) as he's more aggressive with his peers. The rate he's going i would not be surprised if they want to move him out of that school. It's all not good. He doesn't take care of himself hygenically and his room is a disaster, like it got hit by a hurricane. It's always been that way and I used to pick up after him, but I'm burnt out on that. I'm so tired of it all.

klmno

Puberty can really take its toll on difficult child's. Have you talked to psychiatrist about it? medication changes are usually necessary around this time- actually, mine still needs changes at every growth spurt, it seems.

MICHL

Hi, difficult child is maxed out on Abilify & Tenex. We see a new psychiatrist in about 2-3 weeks and I'm sure she will have some suggestions. However, difficult child has tried so many medications and these are the only ones that have worked so far which is why we've stuck with them for so long, years in fact. Stimulants (also time release) & some mood stabilizers have been tried with no success. Last psychiatric wanted to try Lamictal, but i'm worried that also won't work and could make things worse.