Puddles is sick

F

flutterbee

Showing the same way Abbey did a few weeks ago, other than he doesn't appear on the brink of death like Abbey did. He is pretty lethargic, though.

At first, I thought he was injured because he seemed to be favoring his front right leg. Then when I touched his tummy or his back legs he growled at me. He and Hydro got into it pretty good 2 days ago, so I was thinking abscess. Vet thought he was favoring his leg, but couldn't find any wounds or injuries...he checked him all over. His temp is 105.5. He got an antibiotic injection and pills (easy child took him to the vet for me...I always get liquid) to start tomorrow. The vet thinks he is sick.

My cats don't go outside and they never get sick. To have 2 of them sick in the last month is bothering me.

But then I was thinking....this might sound silly, but...I've had the ant traps down for a week. If he ate an ant that had taken the ant bait, would that make him sick? No vomitting, no diarrhea, no other symptoms other than lethargy and fever....just like Abbey.

witzend

I'd be looking at toxins. There's probably not enough in one ant, but are all of your traps where you left them? We had a heck of a time keeping Bubba from licking at them.

TerryJ2

That's a good idea. I would suspect that.
The antibiotics and maybe some prenisone may help. I've got my fingers crossed.
My collie threw up all day yesterday and the night b4, on our brand new carpeting upstairs, (a huge trail) and downstairs on the rugs. Why dogs chose rugs instead of easy-to-clean floors I will never know.
But I know the kids leave out stuff all the time so it's probably something Chinese with-lots of vegetables. He is always in the trash and I have to remember to replace the broken baby lock.
He's only getting white rice tonight until his stomach calms down.

Best of luck with-Puddles.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Since I'm no expert, I can't tell you about the traps. But I don't have them around because the dogs won't leave them alone.

I'd be worried too. Hopefully it's just a virus, and nothing too serious. Poor baby.

Bruce has taken to eating my computer chair. Made him toss his cat food, and he's be meowing around with a tummy ache. So Nichole and I found a huge pillow case that fits over the top of the chair. Now he can no longer get at it.

I hope the medications work.

Hugs

F

flutterbee

Oh, gosh. I didn't even think about him eating something like that. This is the cat that had surgery a few years ago to remove 12 feet (yes, feet) of string.

He's been good about not eating anything he shouldn't since then, but I have a carpet remnant in front of the door to the garage that isn't bound and I've stopped him from pulling at and eating the edges of it.

Abbey started to bounce back a day and a half after the antibiotics. I'll keep an eye on him.