Pulled Pork in Crockpot

meowbunny

1 Medium Onion peeled, rinsed and sliced into thick slices
6 cloves garlic (large, peeled -- I like them slightly mashed but up to you)
2 cans Swanson lower-sodium Beef Broth
1 bottle of your favorite Southern Style BBQ Sauce
1/2 cup beer (optional)
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 to 4 lb Pork Roast
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
3 Tablespoons water
Hamburger Buns (6-10 depending on how high you plan to heap the pork and how many you're feeding)

1. Place onions and garlic cloves in crockpot. Stir in broth, bbq sauce, beer, sugar, vinegar and pepper. Gently add pork roast. Cook on high 6-8 hours until pork is fork tender.

2. Remove pork. Combine cornstarch and water in small bowl until blended. Stir into sauce in slow cooker, bring to boil. Boil 4-5 minutes, until slightly thickened.

3. While sauce is thickening, shred pork using two forks. Strain sauce, discarding onions and garlic. Serve pork on buns, topping with sauce.

If serving on buns makes it too sloppy, I've been known to serve it on one slice of bread on a plate.

This will make 6-10 servings of the meat; twice as much sauce.

daralex

Clinging onto my sanity
If I forgo the other ingredients can I up the content of beer to a 12 pack?!! :wine:Sorry - had to ask!!!! Sounds awesome - I'm a big crockpot fan!! I tried to cook something like this the other day and came out very watery - pork absorbed no flavor - but this looks great!!! Mind you I was brought up jewish and pork was a big no-no - probably watery was God's way of punishing me for trying to make pork!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!!
-dara