Q: Locked Metal Briefcase Contents?

dstc_99

My first thought was sudafed. It is small and red or reddish orange and easy to get in small amounts. I added a link to a picture of it but since there are a ton of generics it could look different. Sudafed is used to make meth.

http://www.drugs.com/imprints/pe-wl-80-20665.html

The tampons can be used to deliver drugs anally or vaginally. They can also be used to stop a bloody nose or in your mouth to put pressure on areas that are bleeding. Lots of things other than menstruation can be fixed with a simple tampon.

HeadlightsMom

Witzend & dstc_99 --- Thanks for your insights, thoughts, and well wishes sent our way. :)

I started to look up the red tablets on-line, but quickly saw that there are perhaps 100 red tablets it could be -- everything from the very awful to the very innocent. In the past, I would've spent hours trying to identify what was what. In the present, I no longer try to micromanage difficult child. Even when I did, it didn't change his behavior and it just made me batty. LOL! As he no longer lives here (hasn't for years, and won't ever again), I've found it better to let go of micromanaging him. The only thing that matters is what's in MY life and home, directly. So, I got rid of the pills (and tampons.....sorry, should've written that earlier). :)

I have come to conclude that each of us has the power, the freedom and the responsibility for our own happiness. As difficult child is now an adult (age 24), he is responsible for his journey in health and happiness. And I am responsible for my journey in health and happiness. I don't even want to know all of the details of his life any more -- unless they directly affect me. As these items are gone, they no longer directly affect me. Gone, gone, gone.

I can't say what works best for everyone. But separating what is truly "mine" to carry (vs what is "his" to carry) brings me greater health and happiness.

His load is VERY heavy. Not my load. His. Besides, even if I carried his load (which I tried to), it didn't change anything. IF it would change him, I'd gladly carry his load. But it does not, so I do not. I spent maaaaany looooong hours contemplating this over the years.

That's the beauty of individual journeys.....Free Will. And I'm very grateful for my Free Will! Sometimes letting go is the greater part of valor.....and, even, love.

Thanks again and thanks for listening to me put that out there. Sometimes writing things down helps me clarify my thoughts, and then cement them into healthier action. Thanks!

dstc_99

dstc_99 -- Thanks. by the way, I like your logo....we share of a love of Seahawks and the Legion of Boom!

I just moved to this area last year and for some odd reason fell in love with them. I have never watched Pro Football before except for when husband is watching it and I am with him. I probably only knew three guys names and never even new the positions. HEHE

Oddly enough I started watching them and it clicked. I was actually interested! husband loves it because now I understand the game better and I dont complain about all that ESPN time nearly as much. I scream at the tv and get mad when they do bad. husband laughs and laughs.

HeadlightsMom

dstc_99 -- Yup, I'm in your zone. Both husband and I have been major football fans all of our lives (didn't he score by marrying me?! LOLOL!). We've got a bunch of football buddies we yuck it up with in a pool every year. Great entertainment.

husband and I loooove watching games together, too (in fact, watching a game in 2 hrs -- not Seahawks, though). We both scream at the tv and throw popcorn at it on bad plays.....together! A marriage made in heaven! See, we relate to you and your husband! Wise move jumping on board with the 'Hawks!

Oh, oh, oh......and we have another friend who is all about the LoB so much that we call her "The VP of BOOM"! We love our 'Hawks! I can name most of the players....even the kicker. I know, I know........ Get a life! HAHAHAAA!

DammitJanet

oh now football is life! I have been a football junkie since I was very young. The year the Dolphins had their undefeated season I asked for - got - all sorts of Dolphin things for Xmas. I got a winter jacket, hat, gloves shirt and even pajamas....lol. I was in 5th grade. Where I lived everyone else was a Redskin fan so I got picked on a lot!

PatriotsGirl

I think you can tell by my screen name who my team is! I am originally from Massachusetts and was born a Patriots fan. Moved to Georgia and I love my Falcons, too. My husband and I are HUGE football fanatics!! We play fantasy, too - I have four teams this year. :)

HeadlightsMom

dstc_99, DJ, & PG -- We are sympatico on the football front! DJ -- I'm gonna quote you on that..... "Football is life!" Yes!

husband and I are just sports fanatics in general. We met playing on a softball team together in college. We played ball together for 18 yrs straight. Good times! We'd still play if we could find a team......but it'd be a much s-l-o-w-e-r game now! LOL!

I was a Steelers girl growing up (still am), but am SO gushing all over Russell Wilson and the LoB, that these Seahawks have won my heart! We went to the SB Parade after the big game and it was an amazing experience! Of course, we can't afford tickets now, so we just host and crash every football party on TV we can! LOL!

DJ -- I was also a fan of your Dolphins growing up -- The Griese, Csonka, Kiick, Morrison years. Dolphins seem to be on the rise again!

PG -- Patriots? Oh, nooooo! :D Jk! That Brady is a force to be reckoned with! But he seems a little lost with-o Welker. 4 fantasy teams? AWESOME! You go, girl!

We don't do fantasy football (although we have a friend regularly encouraging us). But we live and breathe football at times (though it's tough in Oct with post-season baseball play.........last night we had to keep toggling back-and-forth between the Royals-Angels baseball play-off game and the Oregon vs Arizona college football game.

We follow 5 teams this year -- Seahawks (our joy!), Steelers (my joy....much to husband's disdaiin), 49ers (husband's joy....much to my disdain), Colts (our team in our football pool this year), and Oregon Ducks (our alma mater).

by the way --- In our pool, everyone wanted the Seahawks (6 families in pool), so we decided no one could have 'em. If someone other than Seahawks wins SB, that team/family gets the ante winnings. IF Seahawks win the SB, we all agreed to donate our $$$ to a charity of our choice. Last year it was Special Olympics (and husband and I did the Polar Plunge together, too.......BRRRRRR!)

YES..............FOOTBALL IS LIFE! :D

HeadlightsMom

PS -- In 1990, on our honeymoon driving to the coast, we stopped in somewhere to watch the Steelers vs 49ers game. FOOTBALL IS LIFE!

dstc_99

Wow! I'm just a baby football lover compared to you. We used to watch the Colts when Manning was there (husband is a Hoosier). When he moved husband watched the Broncos. I ignored it all. LOL We got here and I got hooked on the Hawks and husband is slowly jumping on board (the SB hurt him baaaaadddd). Poor guy was the only Bronco rooter at the table that night.

I grew up watching University of Kentucky basketball and I try never to miss a game. In fact I had to check the schedules to decide on my outfit today. UK plays tomorrow so I have my Cats stuff on. Monday its Hawks wear. University of Washington has a bye so I am holding off on my purple until next week too.

DammitJanet

LOL....Normally I have redzone but I forgot to add it, reminds me to call my cable company. Tony and I have always had football and NASCAR in common. Different drivers in NASCAR but we mostly like the same football teams. I am a long time Dolphin fan but now I bleed Panther blood. Its not looking good for us this year since we have lost just about our whole offense and defense...sigh.

Russell Wilson is from my hometown and I almost went to the same high school as he did. My parents decided at the last minute to take me out of private school and put me in public or I would have gone to Collegiate where he did.

Normally I do fantasy football but this year I just couldnt get my mojo up. Its been a hard year for me emotionally and I am suffering. Last year I ran 3 fantasy teams plus played two of the local radio station pools.

HeadlightsMom

dstc_99, DJ, & PG -- Fun chatting football with you all! It's good to remember that there's so much more to life than just difficult child-dom....there's....there's.....there's..........FOOTBALL! :D

dstc_99 ---- Poor lonely husband Broncos rooter. :/ But Colts have been awesome as far back as Johnny Unitas, so with ya on that one! Monday you wear your Hawk wear? Really? We do Blue Friday here (even had my Hawk wear on yesterday while hiking in the mountains with husband). But, hey, Monday's nice, too! But just say, "No" to Husky purple day! LOL!

DJ --- Panthers, eh? We have relatives in Panther turf, so we visit often. 1 is a rabid Luke Kuechly fan. I like Cam. Don't know much about NASCAR. Would love to try an event some time. Although, we did go to Daytona Speedway in Daytona Beach this Spring. Does that count? LOL! And, yep, Russell Wilson is MY MAN! I have a sweatshirt that says, "Russell Freakin' Wilson"!

Well, thanks again for the trip down Football Blvd. We'll all have to compare notes farther into the season. Of course, we already know who'll be on top.........Seahawks! (lack of humility aside, my fingers, toes and eyes are crossed!)

And now, to quote that great football bard, DJ..........FOOTBALL IS LIFE! :)

Take care, y'all, and let's chat football again later on!

susiestar

Roll With It
Can't comment on the football as I have nothing nice to say about it. But back to the red tablets ---

There are online pill identifier databases that can help you if you ever have the need to figure out what a pill is. I generally use the AARP or drugs.com ones. You put in the shape, color and any writing on the pill and it tells you what it is. I have used them to verify when I get new/different looking medications from the pharmacy. Why? Because when one of Wiz' docs changed his medications they wrote one thing and the pharmacist read it wrong and gave us something else even though the bottle said what the dr told us he was rxing. I thought it looked funny, so I checked to make sure we got the correct medication because the wrong medication can cause serious harm. The description on the info from the pharmacy did NOT look like the medication in the bottle, so we checked online. It was good that we did because that medication, in that dose, would likely have killed Wiz. It was a very strong barbiturate and was supposed to be an antidepressant. The pharmacist got mad at me for questioning him, then got really upset because I reported him to the state because the medication he gave us was controlled like morphine type medications. The doctor had written out the rx, but had not put the extra info for the controlled medications on the rx, so it was a HUGE deal to have given us that one instead of the one we were supposed to get. The state version of the DEA was really angry because it would have killed Wiz most likely (our doctor also said this) and that pharmacist ended up in some major trouble over this. I would not have reported him if he had been nice about it, but he got ugly and that made me look into it more. If I had just gone away he would have gotten away with it, but by returning it he had to justify what he did and he didn't want to let anyone know he made the mistake.

Those pill identifiers are easily found - I usually just google "pill identifier" and the AARP is one of the top ones. It has identified every pill I have thrown at it with very few problems.