Quack!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I've heard of a duck rose... But... I can't remember why or where. What's up?! Nosy curious.

witzend

OMG! No one actually knows about us out there - we're in the Twilight Zone! University of Oregon (The Ducks) handed USC (everyone knows they're the Trojans) their biggest loss (by far) ever, and moved into within reach of the Rose Bowl this weekend, knocking the Trojans decisively off of their pedestal. When we are playing good, it's called a "Quack Attack"! We're 5 - 0 in the conference.

We actually have one of the loudest stadiums in the country, with db's measured at 129.3. And of course, our big city here is Portland, The City of Roses. So, the Rose Bowl would be doubly sweet. Of course, Bowl games are selected by a committee of media owners, so you don't always make it even if you are the best. And they think people would rather see Michigan or Notre Dame play even though Oregon might be better in any given year. But we can hope.

It was an AWSOME game!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
It was an awesome game!!!
I was rooting for the Ducks the whole time!!! I love the Beavers and the Ducks!
I loathe USC... Up in Idaho I had 2 friends from So. Cal.... let's just say when I worked at the bar, I had to hear USC ranting and raving non-stop. Oh and when Carson Palmer was QB. BARF!!!

CONGRATULATIONS WITZ!!!!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Feeling much better now... I was wondering!

I'm not much into sports, unless my kids are playing. And even then... It's bad, but I am glad they lost Saturday... Hate freezing my tookus off!

Quack, quack - since I don't have my own team, I'll root for yours!