Question about group homes

klmno

To who? Actually, no, PO was spewing about this the last time we talked, too. He turned my statement that I was going to see an attny and question why I'd still be involved with PO requirements if my son went into this group home until he's 18 into me trying to file for relief of custody (which I never said)- anyway- he was spewing that THEY have custody and THEY will decide difficult child's placement and requirements as long as they do.

difficult child, on the other hand, says his behavior counselor in Department of Juvenile Justice has more input in where he goes after his release than I'd thought. He thinks if he can get a meeting with her soon and tell her that I have decided he can come home, she will remove her 'check' for group home and discuss it with PO. difficult child says it's better for him to work it from his end and undo what I've stirred up. Oh that made me feel good. Not. But it is a good sign for him, I think. I've taught him how to advocate for himself if nothing else. LOL!

DammitJanet

You know, its odd how I had a better relationship with Cory's PO when he was a grown man than you do with your child's PO. Doesnt that sound bass akwards?

klmno

In this state, DJ, the juvie CSU is all about blaming the parents. This re-entry lady is selling her prgram on 'providing supervision'. I went off on that and asked her, in front of PO and his super, just exactly where did she think I was when difficult child did this? Home. And where was difficult child? Home. And did I know where he was and what he was doing. Well, duh. I know, I'm supposed to act like a bobblehead and doormat or else my son gets more punishment and I get this koi but enough is enough. If the police and judges back me up, these people need to get a clue and get off their control trip. All parents aren't lousy losers. His super did seem to have a brain and be on cue except the PO has her convinced that I've been trying to dictate the parole plan- obviously because he hasn't owned up to her what he's been telling me. Ans also, I see now that when these people are doing that, it's because they figure the parent will get it in court before a judge and they are setting up the CYA approach already- the parent was being defiant. Yeah, right. They aren't doing what anyone else wants them to do- they aren't addressing the real issues.