Question about the Board.

DDD

For awhile I've noticed that I can't pull up all the little "whatchamacallits". There is one page of choices and some of my old favorites just aren't there. I know other people are using them so something is off. Now I no longer have the bold or underline choices available. Is it me? Is there something I should try? As you all know I'm not too darn smart with these things, lol. DDD

Oops...the bold and underline stuff is available again. I'm confused.

InsaneCdn

Its probably a combination of things - I'm a "tech-head" but my systems are often "shoemaker's children"... so I hit this from time to time.

What operating system and browser are you using? (including versions).
I find its a major problem if I'm on too old of a version... OR on too new of a version!
There are some ways around it...

DDD

Microsoft XP 2002 and AOL. At least I think those are the right answers to your questions. Geez. DDD

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I have 2 choices for the lil emotion smilies. one here in the quick response that gives me little to choose from. If I want more I have to click on go advanced.......

Not sure if that was what you were asking or not. I'm not that tech savvy myself. lol

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I've noticed sometimes the editing stuff and smilies are gone if I haven't cleared out my browser in a while. I don't know if that helps...

InsaneCdn

Microsoft XP 2002 and AOL. At least I think those are the right answers to your questions. Geez. DDD​

Well - you answered half the questions... MS XP = operating system. AOL = your internet provider (ISP).
Your browser... I'm gonna guess you use Internet Explorer? If so, which version?'
If you don't know, look at the top menu bar in explorer where it says "help".
Click that, and you should see "about internet explorer"
Click that... and it will give you the version number.

I'm guessing you are probably on 6 - seems like 90% of internet now wants 7 or better...
You CAN get around it on 6 - I just found it frustrating, and needed to start up a new box anyway - so I'm running MS Vista 7 plus IE 8.

DDD

I tried "advanced" and it didn't change anything. There are some questions that include "disable smiles in post" or something like that. I haven't changed anything but that box is not marked.

I'll check IE later. I really really should be working and I'm really really not in the mood. DDD

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
IC - AOL has its own browser. It hoovers.

DDD - If you can run Internet Explorer... It's better. But... You'll probably need to upgrade soon! :sigh:

DDD

I know that I have Internet Explorer at home but the work computer shows Firefox. I don't think I can pull up those things on the home computer either. Oh, well, it's not the end of the world. lol DDD