Question: Do you think raising difficult children makes us more open to a cynical sense of humor?

trinityroyal

Yes, definitely. It's how we keep the FUN in dysFUNctional.

Beth, my husband tells a similar joke to yours: Friends help you move. Good friends help you move a body. And the staff at my difficult child's Residential Treatment Center (RTC) often say: Pop quiz -- if you're down to one tranquilizer and you have two clients freaking out, who gets the sedative? Answer: The staff on duty.

Honestly, I can't tell whether I came by my sense of irony by nature or nurture. With difficult child-parents, a difficult child-sibling, a houseful of Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) spectrum children, and in a line of work that also tends to attract Aspies of all stripes...I've pretty-much always been surrounded. So you either laugh or the men with the nets come and get you.

H

HaoZi

Friends help you move. Good friends help you move a body.

continued with "Great friends bail you out of jail. Best friends will be sitting in jail with you going "**** that was fun!"

nvts

One of my friends asked everyone on her friends list to picture the following:

You go out with me for a night of fun and we both wake up in a jail cell the next morning...

What are the first four words out of your mouth?

My answer? Quieter here than home!

Got a LOT of phone calls THAT day!

nvts

19 witches win why wongue!

Mommy mommy jokes? I'm all ears.

Here you go!

Mommy, Mommy! When are we going to have Aunt Edna for dinner?

Shut up, we haven't even finished your Grandmother yet.

Mommy, Mommy! I hate my sister's guts.

Shut up and eat what's put in front of you.

Mommy, Mommy! My head hurts!

Shut up and get away from the dart board!

They were sick jokes from when I was a kid - everyone was throwing them out there - kids would rush to school to either tell one that they heard in the neighborhood, or sick ones that they or their siblings made up.

Beth