Question for you cat experts

mstang67chic

Going Green
My cat has started doing something lately that she's never really done before......eating off our plates. Not the actual food but she's "cleaning" it off. She's never done this before except for ice cream and/or cereal. She's getting pretty bossy about it too. husband was in our room watching football and had fixed a sandwich. She started after the paper plate and he moved it because part of the sandwich was still on there but let her have it after he ate. She licked off every crumb she could find. It just seems odd because like I said, she's never been one for "people" food unless it was a very few select things. She's been doing this for a couple of weeks.

I feed her the Purina cat food made for older cats (She's 14) but I wonder if she's somehow lacking in a nutrient or something. Any thoughts?

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I don't know squat about cats but she sounds like a smart one. I could try to give you a serious answer, but I mean really....Purina cat food or people food? Which would you choose? :D

Suz

tiredmommy

It's probably just her sense of entitlement exerting itself, but you might want to mention it to vet, especially if she's still eating all her kitty chow. It could signal a thyroid change.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ummm...don't ask me to cat sit for you. I've successfully let two cats OUTSIDE because I didn't close the door enough. They've NEVER been outside. They just peer through the window. I wonder what went through their little minds...I'M FREE!!! I'M FREE!!! Fortunately I found them.:its_all_good:

And, they have eaten an entire bag of kittie treats that I left on the table thinking, oh...that is safe. Nada. I still can't find the bag. Maybe they ate that, too.

Sounds like your kittie has found the high life. Who'd want to eat crunchie pieces of who knows what when there is warm steak on the table?

Abbey