klmno

Yes- he tried 3 different AP's as PRN. But he wasn't on any for any length of time- we never could figure out if it was the AP making him worse or if he was getting worse on his on and needed a higher dose. But, his behavior was so extreme (manic or HOURS of sleeping) that we just stopped trying. The seroquel was never tried at the higher manic-prevention/maintenance doses though. If he gets (unlikely now) into that inpatient study, it might help with some of that since they wean them off all medications, give them a break, and start back over on traditional medication mixes, while keeping them inpatient.

susiestar

Roll With It
Sending gentle hugs and special muscle rub for your poor back where he hit you.

Know that whatever happens, wherever you go, you have us right there backing you up.

It is just SO DANG HARD to get the help our kids need. I think the "system" that makes it so hard should be thrown into jail. (Yes, totally fantasy, but I think you get my meaning.)

meowbunny

I do understand your son is not stable and he really can't help a lot of what he is doing but you still need to protect yourself. As has been said, he will never be able to forgive himself if he harms you when he is stable. For your sake and his, you have to call 911 if he once again gets violent. Hopefully, you will be able to get him taken to the hospital but regardless of where he ends up, it will be better than if he does serious injury to you.

I hope you find the right cocktail for him. He deserves to have a life and what he is living now is not a life. He has to be going through hell in his own mind.

HUGS to you both.