Quick! Come To A Surprise Housewarming Party !

mstang67chic

Going Green
I like the tool idea. But I think I'll bring some nice, colorful beads to hang in doorways to go with the purple fringe lamp! Maybe a lava lamp and a couple of bean bag chairs!!

Just don't let me near the potted plants. I have some serious bad plant karma and could kill them just by walking by! lol

tiredmommy

Well, I'll take a different tact. I'm going to make sure both girls (Karen's easy child & Tink) have their bedrooms decorated to the max! I'll bring Amex gift certificates for easy child to pick her own theme and I think we'll go American Girl for Tink. In addition, Karen & BBK will now be receiving a cleaning service on me for the next six months while they settle in, with a premium paid to ensure Tink's room stays under control! :lipstick:

mom_in_training

I bring a special basket filled with refreshing herbal scented bubblebath for BBK and Tink to enjoy when they are settled in along with a potted house plant. I too made a special cross-stitch of a huge vase that has a colorful arrangement of flowers framed in oak to add to your decor.

KFld

You guys are all so awesome. What a great thing to wake up and read this morning.
I'm still in the old house this morning. I'm actually sleeping at the apartment tonight and I cannot wait. My easy child and I absolutley love it. We had visitors last night and it looks like I've lived there for awhile :smile:

The only thing not there is my bed, and my computer, which will both be there tonight. The computer won't be hooked up until Wednesday afternoon, but I'll be online at work until then.

My calfs are killing me. Two flights of stairs to the bedrooms and probably about 30 trips up and down. I don't know how I'm going to be able to climb them this afternoon :smile:

Grocery shopping tonight and then I'm looking forward to sleeping in my new room.

Another great thing, there is a patch of grass across the parking lot in the front of my building, so I can take the dog once in awhile. I thought I was going to have to walk around the back of the building. I can't take her for good, because brother in law doesn't allow pets, but I get special shared custody priviledges and can take her once in awhile on the weekends when I won't be leaving her home alone, just incase she were to bark.

It's nice to be related to the landlord

Thanks so much for my party and all my gifts. I'll have to wait to open them tonight. Hopefully I won't drink to much of the baileys since I have to get up for work in the morning. :smile:

Marguerite

I'm dropping in late with some massage oil I made up, just for this job. Karen, I have a special rub for those aching calfs - eucalyptus oil, peppermint and ti-tree. You can also rub it in to any grazes, it's not only OK on broken skin, it is an antiseptic too. I made sure it wasn't too strong.

And for the aching muscles after hard work - the rest of the body - a blend of lavender and rose, in an almond oil base. Something to help relax and soothe, plus calm troubled nerves. I've also made a lavender pillow to tuck inside your pillow case, to help you have pleasant, happy dreams...

Is the microwave oven set up yet? Do you have a small hand towel available? Here's a quick hot pack for those sore muscles - wet the hand towel, wring it out again, fold it neatly into the shape you want, put it inside a freezer bag (those crinkly plastic supermarket shopping bags work well) and microwave it for a minute or so until it's hot. Go carefully, it's easy to overheat it, you may need to wrap it in another towel until it's not so scalding hot - but this will stay hot for longer than a wheat pack and is less likely to eventually burst into flames. When it's cool, check to make sure it's still moist and microwave it again, if you still need it.

Marg

DDD

If it ends up being a sleepover...keep an eye out for Suz. We
had a CD party at my house six or seven years ago and if I remember correctly Suz came wandering out of a closet a couple of
days later! :rolleyes: Of course, lol, we were all a bit younger then and just a tad bit less mature! :smile: :rofl: DDD

wakeupcall

Mature??? I don't know anyone on here who's MATURE, yet!!! Hehehehe. Besides, I don't want to be mature anyway....THAT's why were all showing up at Karen's in the first place! Karen, where did you hide the key?

KFld

Oh SRL, I think that would be the best gift yet.

And you won't need to know where I hide the key, because I'll just leave the door unlocked.

I wish all of you could actually come over and see it. I really love and it and I'm so looking forward to sleeping there tonight.

We have to grocery shop though, and I'm so tired, I'm not looking forward to that at all.

I guess we do need to eat tonight though:)

Sunlight

takeout??? what about all these yummy leftovers???
I will bring a house blessing gift basket:
salt - to make sure your life is flavorful
crusty bread- to make sure you never go hungry
wine-to add some enjoyment to your life
a broom- to sweep out all bad karma

KFld

The thought of takeout is appealing, but I have nothing there even for the morning. I know I just have to do it and get it over with. I will be happy about it tomorrow when I have nothing to do when I get out of work. Well, I'm sure I'll have plenty to do, but it will be fun stuff like decorating.

antsmom, you are making me hungry :smile:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

OMG- I am at work and have tears in my eyes from trying not to laugh. :tissue: :rofl: :tissue:

DDD you will be the death of me, I swear! (pig snorts)

....but........come to think of it..........I thought we had an unspoken agreement that what happens at these parties...stays at these parties. :bag:

Suz

KFld

I think I have her convinced to bring out take-out from chilis and a movie because we don't have cable yet. If she will do that I can just stop for milk for coffee in the morning.

That sounds so nice!!! Laying on the couch, eating chilis and watching a movie. Wonder how much of the movie I'll watch before I'm sounds asleep??

Abbey

Spork Queen
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Suz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

....but........come to think of it..........I thought we had an unspoken agreement that what happens at these parties...stays at these parties. :bag:

Suz </div></div>

Suz...that is old school. Now the saying is: <span style="color: #FF0000">What happens at parties goes on the internet.</span> :smile:

Abbey

KFld

You guys are too funny :rofl:

easy child agreed to picking up chilis and a movie, so I'm off the hook for shopping for this evening.

Now I just have to gather the energy to go back to the house and pack up the few things left on my list, stop for milk and coffee filters, and meet h at my apartment because he's dropping off my bed, t.v. and dvd player.

bff Jills husband is helping him thank god! Actually I should say he's helping me. he's another one not to happy with h at the moment and I wasn't looking forward to him coming by himself. He will be a good buffer. They will drop off the furniture and leave me alone. then all I have to do is make my bed and crawl in it :sleeping:

Star*

call 911........call 911
I brought you a full length mirror for next to the door so every time you get ready to leave your apartment you can see just what a wonderful, independent, courageous, beautiful, intelligent, talented woman looks like and then go share her with the world.

Congratulations on pseudo-independence day!

Hugs
Star

KFld

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Loan_Ranger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I brought you a full length mirror for next to the door so every time you get ready to leave your apartment you can see just what a wonderful, independent, courageous, beautiful, intelligent, talented woman looks like and then go share her with the world.

Congratulations on pseudo-independence day!

Hugs
Star </div></div>

I hope nobody gets jealous, but I think this is the best gift I received so far :smile: