Quick! Look out your window!

F

flutterbee

See those pigs flying?!!!!!!

After a year of jerking easy child around about a car, after telling him after the accident that he's not going to get him a car and send it up here, after telling him last week that he's not going to get him a car until he rides with him and then telling him that he needs (financial) help getting him a car.....

easy child's dad called last night and told easy child that when easy child is down there next month he's getting him a car. :faint:

I still have to talk to him because I don't know how he's planning on getting it back here. If he thinks that easy child is driving all the way from Atlanta by himself, he's COMPLETELY lost his mind. Which, isn't out of the realm of possibility. :sheepish:

Now, easy child has to get a job to pay for the gas and insurance.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Swine with wings -

Sweet!

How about Jerkasaurus renting a tow dolly and TAKING that sumised card to his son. ???????

OH way - another pig in flight.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Something's telling me that Dad hasn't thought this out very far.

And of course if you don't allow him to drive it back...guess what?.....YOU'RE the bad guy.:sheepish:

4sumrzn

Now wait a minute.....I recall reading something like this before. Oh wait, twice before maybe!? Maybe I'm wrong. Hmmm....please tell me the boy is NOT counting on getting a car? And, please tell me easy child's Dad is not once again yanking a chain & pulling easy child along. Sorry, not trying to be mean...I just feel for the boy. Hopefully....THIS time around....he follows through (how ever he gets the car there for him) & you don't have to pick up the pieces.

DammitJanet

Well...wonders of wonders. If this car thing actually goes through you could have easy child meet me in NC and I could drive with him or follow him in my car to make sure he gets home ok.

meowbunny

And I could follow him from Atlanta to SC.

But I'm not holding my breath about the car yet. Does this mean he sold his boat?

F

flutterbee

Oh...the boat. No, he didn't sell it...99% sure on that. If he had, he wouldn't have been claiming last week that he couldn't buy easy child a car by himself.

I don't know what's changed. I think he may have gotten some help from his mom. That's fine with me. My mother has done more for Devon than his own father has. It's about time he and his family stepped up.

Janet and MB - thanks for the offer, but we don't go through the Carolinas. It's straight up I75 to Cincinnati, then I71.

I worry when he goes to the mall 30 minutes away. No way is he driving 600 miles all by himself. And in a new-to-him car.

Maybe his dad is planning on hauling it up here. I have no idea. I don't see him doing that, but every once in a blue moon he does surprise me.

My confronting him about how he treated Devon about the accident had some kind of an impact. He apologized to Devon's friends and was afraid Devon was avoiding him. Maybe it shook him up enough to actually do something for his son.

susiestar

Roll With It
Heather,

I hope he comes through for Devon. I especially hope he doesn't sign for a car with payments, then want Devon to make the payments.

I have family in Cinci if Devon ends up driving and needs to check in with someone. They would gladly help.

It is good that the confrontation made his dad think, and at least apologize.

I really hope the swine keep soaring and dad comes through with the car!

Susie

everywoman

Okay---I could meet MB at the SC/GA border and follow him from SC to NC to meet Janet! (I don't want to give dad an excuse to go back on his word to his son!!!!)