Quick Prayers for Nichole Please!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
It's been snowing here, but snow isn't the problem......highway 73 is slick as an Ice rink as it's covered in a thin film of ice.

Nichole is on her way home from EMT class. Which is in another city 20 miles away. She has to travel the iced over highway. She just called me on her cell....

She's never driven in the winter snow or ice. She's scared out of her ever loving mind. She's in a little geo metro and she's sliding all over at only 35 mph.:surprise: To make it worse......she's not the only one driving slow and sliding all over.

Say a little quick prayer please. She's not a very experienced driver. And now she's got me scared to death she's going to panic and wind up in a serious accident. This highway is notorious for it's serious accidents. :(

Thanks

susiestar

Roll With It
Saying prayers for her safety and for the calm and safe actions of others on the road around her. I know how treacherous your roads get.

many hugs,

Susie

ps. Maybe it is time to make sure she has a car kit fitted out with spare socks, gloves and mittens, blankets, hats and scarf, etc... just in case of an accident.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Thanks for the prayers ladies. Nichole made it home safe and sound. Although it took much longer than normal and she had me worried sick. She was still shaking when she got inside. What a way to learn to drive on the ice! sheesh

She's got an emergency bagpack in the trunk and she carries her cell in case of emergencies. The whole family does in the winter.

((Hugs))

susiestar

Roll With It
I am SO glad she is home safe and sound. And that you are all prepared with a backpack of supplies and a cell phone for each of you.

I can remember being on the ronald Reagan Cross County Freeway the first year they opened it all up. There was/is NO divider between the lanes but a small median of grass. In the winter cars would spin all over ALL the lanes, both directions. It was just a mess. And very scary.

I hope she becomes a more confident driver, esp now that she knows she CAN make it if she just takes it really slow.