Quick question

tiredmommy

Can anyone explain to me how an 8 year old child can manage to talk non-stop during a swim class? (Yes, she goes underwater!)

I have a headache...

SRL

No idea, but if you were anywhere near the vicinity of the non-stop talking, you've not got the right idea of swim lessons at all. The idea is to take some magazines and a favorite drink and park yourself on the OTHER side of the pool next to some moms to chat with. Let the instructors take care of the kids and you have a nice visit with some girlfriends. :)

tiredmommy

No idea, but if you were anywhere near the vicinity of the non-stop talking, you've not got the right idea of swim lessons at all. The idea is to take some magazines and a favorite drink and park yourself on the OTHER side of the pool next to some moms to chat with. Let the instructors take care of the kids and you have a nice visit with some girlfriends. :)

I normally sit at the deep end while her class is based out of the shallow end. Unfortunately, though, the class before had done a survival swim and placed all their soggy, wet clothes on every chair and bench at the deep end. :hammer:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Wow. What breath control she must have! :p Lady, let me introduce you to a groovy invention -- it's called an MP3 player and it comes with... ready for this?.... HEADPHONES! :rofl: Use it wisely, dear one! :D

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
husband and I were just wondering this about N. She not only talks non-stop but goes under and ***** down gallons of water, choking and sputtering, still talking!
She will keep talking, goes under, pushes us away, (yes we are the dumb ones teaching her how to swim) goes under, still talking!

But the kid can now chuck herself off of the side of the pool and is floating pretty well.
We are looking into lessons, though! ;)

K has swam since 6 months and we never had this problem.

Ducky, N and others of our G'sFG are of the same gene pool... or Swimming Pool! LOL

SRL

I normally sit at the deep end while her class is based out of the shallow end. Unfortunately, though, the class before had done a survival swim and placed all their soggy, wet clothes on every chair and bench at the deep end. :hammer:
Today I suggest you bring her own lawn chair!

trinityroyal

Wow! I thought my difficult child was the only one who had this...erm...talent.

Yes. An MP3 player AND a book or magazine.
(Or you could do what husband did and wait in the car...)