Quite the ktbug

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
kt has been deep in thought about bio family & her life's history over the past few months; especially since the incident that led her to home school.

Saying that a week or so ago she decided that she'd had it with her bio history. She took her life book apart & burnt all the pictures & stories she no longer wanted or needed.

It took her a good 3 hours with in home therapist to go through this book, discuss the why's & wherefores of not holding onto her past, what she wanted to keep & her reasoning behind burning this information.

After the "burn" session I had makings for s'mores if she felt like it or tissues; kt used some of both.

I'm proud of her choices to let go of a horrendous history - to move forward.

Wow this is a beautiful story which encourages me in my own personal journey.

I hope you will be reminding yourself how much you had to do with kt reaching this point (your husband too) -- how much love and sacrifice. The ultimate sacrifice.

I like your new avatar -- I hadn't noticed it, and then laughed out loud when I did.

Jo

Last edited:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Tell her this board Auntie is also very proud of her!! Our KTbug has come such a long way and is discovering how strong she truly is. A very large stride forward. Doesn't mean she won't stumble a few more times along the way. But definitely a huge stride forward for her.

Hmmm. Evidently I can beam and drip tears at the same time. lol :D:D

LittleDudesMom

Wow Linda. This is great.

The past couple years have been very eventful for KTbug. She was making tremendous progress before husband left the home and his subsequent passing. She has had to get a honest grasp on the limitations of her mom's earth issues. It has been 24 months of ups and downs for her but it seems, through it all, she continued to make steady progress. Now this! I would think this is the outward sign of inner desire to not let the past define who she is. This is huge!!!!!!!

Another board Auntie here who is so very proud of Miss KT!!!

Hugs,
Sharon

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
barneysmom, I saw this action (i.e. burning the pictures & stories from her life book) has released her to grow further; to continue to survive. There are moments of regret ~ she talks about some of the photos she wished she'd kept. However, unknown to the tweedles, husband scanned each & every document in their life books. Just because.

If kt really wants or grieves a photo I will pull it out (with her therapist's permission). In the long run, it was a good choice that she let go, symbolically) of the history that hurt her so much.

kt continues to work her little behind off doing home school. We had parent/teacher conferences & all her teachers are proud of the work & effort kt is putting into her schooling.

I'll let kt know that her board aunties are so very proud. I'm one very proud mama.