Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by DS3, Oct 14, 2011.

1. DS3

DS3 New Member

Ok, let's have some fun. I've heard this, that, and the other thing lately and I found myself quoting TEC to a therapist. Which brought to mind some of my favorite quotes as I reflected later that night.

So that's what this thread is for. Post your favorite quote! It can be funny, inspirational, or something that just keeps you going from day to day.

I actually made one that I've been living by and my son's therapist had to agree with me. It's all about perception some times.

I also have one in my house that really tells you a lot about a person by their reaction to it.

Some other favorites include;

I have more, and will continue to post as the thread continues. Enjoy!
  2. buddy

buddy New Member

A little off topic, but related....I saw this cartoon:

Doctor to mom- sitting on the table, feeling ill, hair undone, dirty clothes, exhausted......after much testing, "You have what's known as.......CHILDREN."
  3. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

"I'm not dysfunctional, I'm just evolving to the next level."

"Be the orange sheep of the family, since black is already taken."

"First rule of time travel - always bring your own tea."

"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

"I'm not tense...you're just extremely annoying."

And my very very favorite one...

"P!$$ me off and pay the consequences."
  4. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

Sometimes the only sane answer to an insane world is insanity.

Ninety-nine percent of the people in this world are fools ... and the rest of us are in great danger of contagion.

(both from the X-Files)

Don't Panic!

(Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

We're all mad here.

(Alice in Wonderland)
  5. HaoZi

HaoZi Guest

"Take what you want - and pay for it." -Stephen King (paraphrased), Pet Semetary

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
  6. buddy

buddy New Member

From my snooty highschool English teacher:

There ain't no easy answers to nothin'.
  7. InsaneCdn

InsaneCdn Well-Known Member

"It isn't what you think you are, you are. It's what you think, you are." - old Irish saying.
  8. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

I guess that is enough.
  9. Shari

Shari IsItFridayYet?

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." ~Emerson

"There's a whole panoply of things that have happened in the last year-and-a-half that I could never have anticipated - and that teaches you that life isn't something you manage. It happens, and you deal with it." ~Elizabeth Vargas, ABC News Anchorwoman

Marriage is made in heaven, but so is thunder and lightning.

We may not have it all together, but together, we have it all.

So its not home sweet home. Adjust.

I'm a man of my convictions, call me wrong, call me right, but I bring my better angels to every fight. You may not like where I'm going but you'll sure know where I stand. Hate me if you want to, love me if you can. (actually, the whole dang thing...)

Don't squat with your spurs on.

Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.

"After a while you learn the subtle difference between holding a hand and chaining a soul.
    And you learn that love doesn't mean leaning and company doesn't mean security.
    And you begin to understand that kisses aren't contracts and presents aren't promises.
    You begin to accept your defeats with your head held high and your eyes wide open, with the grace of woman and not the grief of a child.
    You learn to build your roads on today, because tomorrow's ground is too uncertain and futures have a way of falling down in mid-flight.
    After a while, you learn that even sunshine burns if you get too much.
    So you plant your own garden and decorate your own soul instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.
    And you learn that you really can endure,
    that you really are strong,
    and that you really do have worth,
    and that you keep learning.
    With every goodbye, you learn"
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  10. keista

keista New Member

Normal is boring and overrated ~ Me
  11. Liahona

Liahona Guest

This is much like the stuff I put on my tee-shirts. In fact Janet and Shari could I use some of yours? Of course not the stuff in quotes that belong to someone else.

Some of mine are:

We're redefining normal by at least 2 standard deviations. (with picture of bell curve)

Sp. ed. Its not what you think
    Its how you think it

Only complaint on Tuesdays

Are you real?
  12. Shari

Shari IsItFridayYet?

Fine with me.
  13. DammitJanet

I got most of mine off cafepress
  14. DS3

DS3 New Member

"The future depends on what we do in the present." - Mahatma Gandhi
  15. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions". DDD
  16. InsaneCdn

"The hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world." (no idea where that comes from)
  17. InsaneCdn

"If you want to get something done, give it to a busy person." (author?)

(these are being triggered in memory by current threads... memory is notoriously poor unless there is a "hook" to grab)
  18. DammitJanet

There are times when parenthood seems nothing but feeding the mouth that bites you.
  19. Malika

Malika Well-Known Member

From a poem by William Ross Wallace (what do you mean you've never heard of him?) celebrating motherhood. So there you go.
  20. InsaneCdn

That actually makes sense... I grew up with a Mom who could quote poetry from one end of the day to the other... but we didn't have the books, it was stuff she had memorized years before. She might have remembered who the author was... but I would never have known, much less remembered!

Thanks for closing that loop...