Quotes

As Helen Keller once said, The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they can only be felt with the heart.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm not short, I'm vertically challenged.

And the dynamite comes in small packages is a something my grandma used to say all the time, she wasn't kidding either. lol

InsaneCdn

I'm not short, I'm vertically challenged.

You don't have to be short to be vertically challenged... Try being taller than 6 and a half feet... because "everything" is geared to that being the outer limit. Doorways, chandeliers, beds, vehicle seats, the list just goes on and on.

Reminds me of another quote...

"There really IS such a thing as too much of a good thing."

buddy

I got most of mine off cafepress​

It is time for bed....I was reading these backwards in time...from last to where I left off so when I got to this one I thought, what the heck kind of saying is this????? Yeah, just sat here feeling stupid when I figured it out.
:hypnosis: you are getting sleeepy, sleeeepy........

Star*

call 911........call 911
Friends are Gods apology for relatives.

Don't try so hard to fit in...When you were born to STAND OUT!

I'm so tired. I don't know whether I found a rope, or lost a horse.

Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without!

CAUTION! Dog can't hold it's licker!

Character is who you are and what you do when you think no one is looking. -Star

DS3

I'm so tired. I don't know whether I found a rope, or lost a horse.

I saw this on a sign, and I still laugh when I find it again. Man I feel like that some days!

Character is who you are and what you do when you think no one is looking. -Star

Food for thought there. Great quote. :)

A new one I found on FB today that a friend posted;

I don't think the worst thing that could happen to me is raising a child with special needs. I think the worst thing is to raise a child who is cruel to those with special needs. ~unknown~

Great quote. Don't know where she found it, but I had to pass it along. :bravo:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
My dad has this long winded explanation... Fill a 16-oz glass with 8 oz water... To him, it's not half empty, nor is it half full. It's exactly enough! (And then he drinks it.)

keista

My favorite twist on that glass thing was "I'm a realist. It doesn't matter if it's half full or half empty. Eventually someone will have to wash that glass"

DS3

As we acquire more knowledge, things do not become more comprehensible, but more mysterious. ~Will Durant

I find this quote to be especially true.

The older and wiser I get, the more I question everything around me. ~DS3

We have the mistaken idea that where we lead, they may follow. They may or they may not. If they do, it is probably just coincidence. ~Susan Jeffers

In acknowledging that parenting is not only a profound experience, but an exceptionally difficult job, it will be possible to capture a fuller appreciation of the experience and of the problems. It is hardly an exaggeration to assert that flying to the moon is nothing in comparison with raising a child. ~Irwin Matus

We weren't born to hold on to positions. Nor are we meant to be perfect. We are meant to flow in a world that is contently moving beneath our feet. ~Susan Jeffers

trinityroyal

What a piece of work is a man, how noble in reason, how
infinite in faculties, in form and moving how express and
admirable, in action how like an angel, in apprehension how like
a god! the beauty of the world, the paragon of animals
- Bill Shakespeare

"I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested" -Sheldon, the Big Bang Theory

"Mummy, let's go FISHING!" -- Tyrantina

"We put the fun in dysFUNctional" - not sure of the source

"Moses supposes his toeses are roses, but Moses supposes erroneously" - tongue twister, also the best song ever from the musical Singin' in the Rain

"A battle plan never survives contact with the enemy" - my husband

"Everything will be better after a nice hot cuppa" - my mother in law

"Gotta Dance" - another great song from Singin' in the Rain

"Insanity doesn't just run in my family, it gallops" - Mortimer Brewster (played by Cary Grant), in Arsenic and Old Lace

N

Nomad

This one is GREAT: "I don't think the worst thing that could happen to me is raising a child with special needs. I think the worst thing is to raise a child who is cruel to those with special needs." ~unknown~ THANK YOU. Ds3

Some I like are:

The key is not to prioritize what's on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence therefore is not an act, but a habit. (Aristotle)

For every disciplined effort, there is mulitple reward.

DS3

I forget where I originally heard this one, but a friend of mine was quoting the whole 'lemons and life' one... so I figured I would give her the version I heard. It at least made her laugh.

"If life hands you Lemons, Ask for Tequila and Salt!"

keista

DS3, Love that!

Reminded me of a "lemon" quote I used with the boy I was fostering. "Life svcks. You've got to svck it up! Kinda like a glass of lemonade"

DS3

Here's one that a friend posted on FB. Unknown author. "Children are great imitators. So give them something great to imitate."