R.I.P. Dan Fogelberg

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
News on my radio this morning reported the singer/songwriter Dan Fogelberg has died. He was 56. He battled prostate cancer.

I burst into tears! I loved this man's music. And, as a teenager, I loved this man :smile: as teenage girls will do. He composed soft-rock ballads and love songs, and touched my heart. His loss will hurt me, his music will comfort me.

:angel: Thank you Dan for your beautiful gift of music

Peace

Fran

Former desparate mom
Ahhh. I loved his Old Lang Syne. It always made me misty eyed.
He was one of my favorites. I knew he had cancer and I'm sorry his voice was silenced.

KateM

My hubby and I danced our first married dance to "our song"-- "Longer". Although it gets slammed for being such a sappy song, we loved it as 18 year olds just falling in love and had to have it as our dance when we married 6 years later.I have it on my iPod for sentimental reasons, and though our love has stood the test of time, I fear this song did not fare as well. Nonetheless, we'll miss Dan Fogelberg and all the wonderful memories his music invokes!

Oh!

I wasn't ready for that one.

I loved his music, too.

Did he do that song about it having been awhile?

And was he the one who did Leader of the Band?

Barbara

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Barbara, if by 'the one about it having it been awhile' you mean Auld Lang Sine, yep, that's him....

And yes, he did Leader of the Band also. A tribute to his father. Ah, they are together again now.....

I'm really slammed by the news today. I get a bit over-emotional at the holiday time, missing my mom.....Well, now she can have a serenade by one of the best :angel:

Peace