Ramen to the rescue or what we had for dinner.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Both kt & I have been fighting this respiratory virus going around here - we both feel as though we've been hit by a truck.:stopglass::ill:

I knew that I had to get something on for dinner & had little in the house. So I pulled out my "ramen to the rescue" packets. (I always keep packages in the house for just this reason.)

I've been teaching kt how to cook when you're out on your own & poor or just plain sick &/or tired.

I scrambled a few eggs with green onions, ginger & garlic, cooked the ramen with the flavoring packet. I warmed leftover veggies & threw them in the soup. I added soy sauce & a touch of sesame oil.

It was wonderful (the ginger & garlic cleared my sinus's.) - kt even liked it & had 2 helpings.:likeit:

Please share your "ramen to the rescue" recipes. I'd love to have them on hand.

LittleDudesMom

boil water, open packet, pour noodles in boiling water, pour flavor packet in bowl, pour cooked noodles in bowl, stir, "difficult child, DINNER IS READY!!!"

*seriously, difficult child loves ramon just the way it is and has it for an after school snack a couple days a week. I've never done a thing to it.....

H

HaoZi

Same here LDM. I fork out the noodles and add just a touch of tap water to mix in the flavor packet and cool it a little, she likes the noodles but not all the liquid.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Never thought of adding anything to it...........I like it just the way it is, especially when sick. Hmm your dinner sounds delicious and easy though. I'll have to give it a shot one day.

Ramen to the rescue is pretty darn awesome in my book. Cheap and easy/quick to make. Was going to have some yesterday since I'm sick as a dog...........thought I'd picked up a case at aldi's, but evidently not as it's not in the pantry. ugh Will have to sent husband out for some today. Got to have my Ramen when I'm sick.

Mattsmom277

Never heard of adding stuff to it, that sounds delicious!! We just call them Mr.Noodle's here (Ramen sounds so much better lol!). I buy them by the case of 24 packets when they turn up that way time to time in our nearest shop. Works out to about a quarter a package, which makes it just about my favorite snack, lunch or feeling sick food!

muttmeister

Sounds delicious. Last night we had precooked rice (chicken flavor) that you just heat up in the microwave and I added some fully cooked grilled chicken strips and some frozen broccoli that I heated up. So mine was easy but yours sounds much better.

everywoman

1 pack of brown hamburger meat, 1 onion (optional), 1 Can of tomatoes, cheddar (or other) cheese. Cook noodles, add other ingredients---top with cheese.

KTMom91

I've made stir fry with it, using the noodles and the seasoning, and tossing in whatever is left over.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm taking notes guys on these recipes. LOL

But since I'm just beginning to feel better from the tummy flu............ I'm going with straight beef ramen tonight.:sigh:

tawnya

husband cooks them and then adds a can of store bought chili to them. If he's really feeling adventurous, he'll put hot dogs on it, too.

Good for him, I guess, LOL.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I like your ideas ladies. I'm taking note. I was thinking of taking a bit of Italian sausage (I keep a couple pounds of this browned & frozen in bags) with various Italian seasonings, parmasean cheese - throw in broccoli.

Of course I love to eat it plain. I just love to play with what I have on hand in my freezer & pantry & see what I can create.