Ramping up to the teen yrs and police intervention

DammitJanet

I hope I misunderstood that you are even considering allowing him to get his temps at any time in the foreseeable future!

And yes, he follows you around pestering you about his electronics because he thinks that if he does that you will give them back because he knows if he does it long enough you will...and he is right! He is throwing a tantrum just like a toddler who wants a candy bar in the grocery isle and he keeps whining and upping the anti to crying so you give in to the candy bar so you wont be embarrassed by his nonsense.

TerryJ2

I'm not embarrassed. Just worn down. :)

Temp license, you mean? He can't get a permit until he is 15-1/2. My plan is to get the permit asap, and the licence 2-3 yrs later. People do not get enough practice, and knowing difficult child's penchant for losing his temper, I want to see him behind the wheel 24/7 for yrs until I know his every move and am comfortable with it.

Allan-Matlem

I would try to find a mentor for him or you as a family befriend a young martial arts guy who may even be persuaded to board with you or at least spend time being involved with the family> I am sure he will earn difficult child's respect and difficult child will cut out the agression once the mentor hears about and the mentor suggests a better way for difficult child to further his interests . Group therapy , mentors cause change from the inside - scare tactics have limited benefits

Allan